Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

29 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Hulk Hogan is not a racist, as far as i'm concerned. He has said racist things when he was at the lowest part of his adult life. Dude was real low. If people that actually know him and were personally hurt by him can forgive him, so can i.

There's a lot that can be argued in that post.

1) If he said racist things, why isn't he a racist?

2) Just because someone's hurt or not hurt by something, does that justify being racist?

3) Does being low justify being racist?

4) Would you need to forgive him if he wasn't racist?

I know these things are up for debate and people see them in different lights etc, but it's very easy to excuse the behaviour for this reason or that reason. I'm not saying he can't learn and be better, but that's all about acknowledging there's an issue in the first place rather than trying to justify it.

11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Just WCW-isms. On a Thunder in 1998, Lee Marshall claimed Ray Traylor was "a founder member of the nWo".

Must've whispered the idea in Hogan's ear while he was being suplexed off the top of the cage for that to be true

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Just WCW-isms. On a Thunder in 1998, Lee Marshall claimed Ray Traylor was "a founder member of the nWo".

I’m part-way through 1997 WCW and Lee Marshall keeps popping up on Nitro with his road reports, constantly saying how he’s having a “great time” at “Nitro parties”… with no noise in the background 😄

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

It's a bloody treasure trove. Mongo's selling is incredible. Just the best worst ever. But this is a genius spot.

Actually, its an interesting twist on the usual "stand there like a twat and be smacked over the head." At least he tried to protect himself I suppose! 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I’m part-way through 1997 WCW and Lee Marshall keeps popping up on Nitro with his road reports, constantly saying how he’s having a “great time” at “Nitro parties”… with no noise in the background 😄

I was watching an old Clash of The Champions with my girlfriend, who's never really watched much WCW, and when Lee Marshall's Road Report came on, she asked if Lee Marshall was actually in the location he said he was. It dawned on me that I'd never even thought about it, and had just always 100% assumed that they were a shoot. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I was watching an old Clash of The Champions with my girlfriend, who's never really watched much WCW, and when Lee Marshall's Road Report came on, she asked if Lee Marshall was actually in the location he said he was. It dawned on me that I'd never even thought about it, and had just always 100% assumed that they were a shoot. 

Yeah. I came to the conclusion he’s just calling in on a brick mobile backstage 😄

22 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

There's a lot that can be argued in that post.

1) If he said racist things, why isn't he a racist?

2) Just because someone's hurt or not hurt by something, does that justify being racist?

3) Does being low justify being racist?

4) Would you need to forgive him if he wasn't racist?

I know these things are up for debate and people see them in different lights etc, but it's very easy to excuse the behaviour for this reason or that reason. I'm not saying he can't learn and be better, but that's all about acknowledging there's an issue in the first place rather than trying to justify it.

Ok..lemme give it a shot.

1) blurting out dumb racist things when you're feeling insecure doesn't immediatly make you a racist person. It makes you an insecure little bitch. Insecurity and frustration can cause people to compromise their own beliefs. Has to do with a lack of self respect, i think. Still a dick move, though.

2) Hurting people means you have to make it right. No matter what you did. He's a human being and hasn't done it again as far as i know). He has apologized to the people he hurt most with this: his friends, family and co-workers. Next to this, having been quoted or recorded saying something racist, doesn't mean you're a racist at heart. If there were a bunch of other accounts of him being racist, this would be different. Leading into him being at his lowest point.

3) Racist people have a lot more stuff going wrong in their lives, other than being racist. Hulk was in a really low place that he didn't see himself getting out of. He thought his entire life was slipping away. (4)If someone acts like an ass at their lowest point and then gets better, admits it and apologizes, i can forgive it. As long as they don't turn around and do the same thing all over again. All of this is predicated on him not doing that shit again.

In comparisom, Trump will never even admit he's racist(when he's not around people who he knows are racist), he will never say sorry for being a racist and if he did, he'd be lying and he'd be back at it within 5 minutes.

Edited by Whistling Skull
It's early still.