Jump to content
Devon Malcolm

Top Wrestling Twitter

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, NavigatorFan said:

Who is her husband? Didn't she divorce Hulk in 2009? 

I think she married Paul Hogan so she could keep the surname.

Poor Horace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Hogan was never going to even consider showing up on AEW anyway.

2. The rabid AEW fanbase are the type who have pre-conceived ideas about Hogan purposely holding down all their smaller favourites and will whitewash his successes and popularity because he doesn't fit their narrative of what wrestling/a wrestler should be.

Still, what an empty, hypocritical and virtue signalling act if there ever was one.

Edited by garynysmon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to Mongo...

The funniest thing about it, IMO, is the way he goes to do what is obviously a called spot of whipping the opponents into one another, then just thinks "Nah, fuck it... Tombstone."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

1. Hogan was never going to even consider showing up on AEW anyway.

2. The rabid AEW fanbase are the type who have pre-conceived ideas about Hogan purposely holding down all their smaller favourites and will whitewash his successes and popularity because he doesn't fit their narrative of what wrestling/a wrestler should be.

Still, what an empty, hypocritical and virtue signalling act if there ever was one.

I think most people hate Hogan these days for being a racist cunt. Could be wrong of course.

Tony Khan shouldn't be throwing stones though. He'll shatter his families glass mansion one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I think most people hate Hogan these days for being a racist cunt. Could be wrong of course.

Tony Khan shouldn't be throwing stones though. He'll shatter his families glass mansion one day.

Hulk Hogan is not a racist, as far as i'm concerned. He has said racist things when he was at the lowest part of his adult life. Dude was real low. If people that actually know him and were personally hurt by him can forgive him, so can i.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Hulk Hogan is not a racist, as far as i'm concerned. He has said racist things when he was at the lowest part of his adult life. Dude was real low. If people that actually know him and were personally hurt by him can forgive him, so can i.

There's a lot that can be argued in that post.

1) If he said racist things, why isn't he a racist?

2) Just because someone's hurt or not hurt by something, does that justify being racist?

3) Does being low justify being racist?

4) Would you need to forgive him if he wasn't racist?

I know these things are up for debate and people see them in different lights etc, but it's very easy to excuse the behaviour for this reason or that reason. I'm not saying he can't learn and be better, but that's all about acknowledging there's an issue in the first place rather than trying to justify it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Whistling Skull said:

Hulk Hogan is a racist as far as i'm concerned. He has said racist things. people that actually know him and were personally hurt by him.

Fixed that for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bloody treasure trove. Mongo's selling is incredible. Just the best worst ever. But this is a genius spot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just WCW-isms. On a Thunder in 1998, Lee Marshall claimed Ray Traylor was "a founder member of the nWo".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Just WCW-isms. On a Thunder in 1998, Lee Marshall claimed Ray Traylor was "a founder member of the nWo".

Must've whispered the idea in Hogan's ear while he was being suplexed off the top of the cage for that to be true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Just WCW-isms. On a Thunder in 1998, Lee Marshall claimed Ray Traylor was "a founder member of the nWo".

I’m part-way through 1997 WCW and Lee Marshall keeps popping up on Nitro with his road reports, constantly saying how he’s having a “great time” at “Nitro parties”… with no noise in the background 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

It's a bloody treasure trove. Mongo's selling is incredible. Just the best worst ever. But this is a genius spot.

 

Actually, its an interesting twist on the usual "stand there like a twat and be smacked over the head." At least he tried to protect himself I suppose! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I’m part-way through 1997 WCW and Lee Marshall keeps popping up on Nitro with his road reports, constantly saying how he’s having a “great time” at “Nitro parties”… with no noise in the background 😄

I was watching an old Clash of The Champions with my girlfriend, who's never really watched much WCW, and when Lee Marshall's Road Report came on, she asked if Lee Marshall was actually in the location he said he was. It dawned on me that I'd never even thought about it, and had just always 100% assumed that they were a shoot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...