Devon Malcolm

Top Wrestling Twitter

My employer are trying to keep spirits up by emailing 'funnies' every other day.

This was included today:

Mongo played in the NFL when there was a lot of partying. He played for the Bears while Jim McMahon was there and they turned the partying all the way up to 11. So partying in wrestling would have been a natural fit for Mongo. While he clearly can't wrestle he was tough. "Iron" Mike Ditka who was head coach of the Bears and famously a pretty tough guy himself says that Mongo was the toughest player he ever coached. It's no surprise he lasted as long as he did in WCW. 

Mongo's one of those guys I've not heard anything bad said about by the boys. Flair especially seemed to love him. Tough as nails, athletic background, and able to hold his liquor so no wonder they thought he was Horseman material despite being drizzling in the ring. He also didn't seem to take himself too seriously outside the ropes, with that ridiculous tiny dog and the wild-eyed mic work.

You know what, I genuinely liked Steve McMichael in a totally non-ironic way back in the day. This was mostly pre-internet so I hadn't been influenced by the opinion of others and  my lack of exposure to the inner workings hadn't opened my eyes to how terribly green and inept he was in the ring either.

Granted, my fondness was almost wholly based on his outstanding theme music, but still. 

(But looking back, it shocks me they allowed him to perform piledrivers, given his experience level!)

Edited by garynysmon

10 hours ago, garynysmon said:

You know what, I genuinely liked Steve McMichael in a totally non-ironic way back in the day. This was mostly pre-internet so I hadn't been influenced by the opinion of others and  my lack of exposure to the inner workings hadn't opened my eyes to how terribly green and inept he was in the ring either.

Granted, my fondness was almost wholly based on his outstanding theme music, but still. 

(But looking back, it shocks me they allowed him to perform piledrivers, given his experience level!)

And the music was then passed on to the Sandman(Hak) to use I believe during his short siesta in WCW.