Top Wrestling Twitter

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Aaaand another glorious Twitter account has been created.Ā 

This lockdown lark would've been terribly dull were it not for these. Silver linings.

Orton is like that handsome, arrogant jock with a laziness that belies his success that you sort of need to keep inviting round to dinner, because he's been in the family for years.Ā 

On 6/11/2020 at 8:31 PM, King Pitcos said:

Is it not because thereā€™s not much elseĀ they can brag about? They never really sold out this and that, or broke any records. The Kliq were all in the post-Hogan dark ages of no money, and Ciampa couldnā€™t even draw the curtains at his mumā€™s house. And at that point, you have to justify yourselfĀ by saying ā€œwell, Iā€™m better than the big stars in this way...ā€

Ā 

On 6/11/2020 at 5:49 PM, garynysmon said:

Why is seemingly every single wrestler obsessed withĀ "busting their asses," these days? It sounds like 2004 Ring of Honor on steroids,Ā having stripped out all of the fun out of wrestling.Ā 

(Actually, on second thoughts, no steroids).

Give me Kevin Nash making everything look effortless and being a cool as fuck in the process any day of the week.

Randy Orton's suddenly going up in my estimation though.

Ā 

It's clear none of them have grown out of being teenagers. Nash mostly but Orton to an extent with the "WE'RE soooooo laidback and soooo above you dontcha known it's all fuckin fake?" attitude.

Champer meanwhile goes goes for the edgy "they should be embarrassed for having shit matches" 2006 Wrestling Forum shite I used to post when I was 15. This meansĀ they kill themselves for a performance that doesn't need to really hurt and completely misses the point of pro wrestling.

I have more sympathy for the first sentiments but let's call a spade a spade.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

11 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Ā 

Ā 

It's clear none of them have grown out of being teenagers. Nash mostly but Orton to an extent with the "WE'RE soooooo laidback and soooo above you dontcha known it's all fuckin fake?" attitude.

Champer meanwhile goes goes for the edgy "they should be embarrassed for having shit matches" 2006 Wrestling Forum shite I used to post when I was 15. This meansĀ they kill themselves for a performance that doesn't need to really hurt and completely misses the point of pro wrestling.

I have more sympathy for the first sentiments but let's call a spade a spade.

I don't buy for a second that between 1993 and 1996 the Kliq were going all out every night either, there was almost no point doing too much and getting hurt. This attitude from Wrestlers (usually in the USA) always surprises me, and from fans who buy into it. If you look around the globe a bit more to Japan or even the UK those "busting your ass" matches are saved for when the cameras a rolling. I think the Japanese call it having a red light match. From what I gather even in New Japan when it's just your run of the mill house show they certainly do hold back and take it easier. The same used to be true in the UK to some extent, Jonny Storm would happily give you a spot fest filled match if you went to an FWA or IPW:UK show where its being filmed for DVD or TV (on occasion) but pop to see him at an All Star or Premier show and he was always a lot slower paced and verging on comedy. I once watched him vs Zack Sabre Jr at a Premier show in Bournemouth. Before the bell rung I was hyped for a really hard hitting bout which we didn't get of course, what we did get was a fun old school style match with some decent comedy thrown in.

Well yeah, wrestlers are massive liars. Everyone from the 90s and earlier has a ā€œthe house show matches were even better, we went two hours and the people were going crazy for itā€ story. The Kliq love it, theyā€™ll tell you Shawn and Razor were wrestling each other on house shows every night for three years before their ladder match (which happened less than a year after Razor turned babyface).

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Like the Mongo and Sid ones, someoneā€™s gone and done this now. ā€˜Meng doing Meng thingsā€™;

Mengā€™s got moves.Ā 

Pretty sure they're the same guy. Think he does the Rick Rude one too.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, King Pitcos said:

He is! Well, when itā€™s a massiveĀ internationalĀ hostage situation heā€™s fabricated he is.

You check out the new lawsuit document? Bloody hell, wouldn't fancy that for a day of work.

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1272184294761529344?s=20

Edited by Liam O'Rourke