An 'All In' Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve just read they’re doing weigh ins tonight for tomorrow’s card??

Not a bad idea, actually, and one I've often thought wrestling could steal from boxing/MMA for big events.

Not from the point of view of pretending it's REAL SPORT and taking itself too seriously; more the idea of previewing and creating last minute hype for the show the next day. Shoot a few angles. Do some interviews and promos. Have a bit of a brawl. Get some footage to use in the show itself. So it's like a ceremonial/promotional thing (and that's kinda how it works in boxing/MMA now anyway - it's a promotional event rather than functional.  UFC obviously sees the value in it, since it goes ahead with such 'ceremonial' weigh-ins for show even though they've already done the 'real' weigh-in earlier in the day as a private event).

Would be a bit of fun, and another part of the schedule of these weekenders that these things tend to turn into.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Absolutely - especially with most companies having, if not a dedicated streaming service, at least a YouTube platform, if they have the capability to present something like that, they absolutely should. I always think WWE should do more in-studio work, like they're doing with Bracketology for the Mae Young Classic - do more regular shows in that setting, with weigh-ins, interviews, promos free from the constraints of live TV, video packages, and so on. 

• Paid Members

As an extension of that, I'd like to see more punditry - a bit like the old WWF Prime Time Wrestling studio, which I'll always remember for when Mr. Perfect turned face and came out of retirement to partner up with Savage. Loved that format, though - had a proper sportsy feel to it, plus it helped advance the odd storyline in a relatively fresh way.

• Paid Members

I think having weigh ins and a press conference is really clever and novel. I can’t believe more wrestling companies don’t do it. It’s the perfect way to build interest and maybe shoot a last minute angle. 

If nothing else, it’s got to be better than Marty Scurll doing karaoke in the middle of the day with a bunch of sober fans.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Weezenal said:

ALL you need to know about ALL IN

https://vulturehound.co.uk/2018/08/all-you-need-to-know-about-all-in-2018/

Who's actually paying to watch this?

How much does it cost, can't see a price on there.

Archived