An 'All In' Thread

MPDTT

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, David said:

Is there a chance that CM Punk shows up at this? He's no longer under contract to the UFC I think, so it could happen, right?

It could happen, but I doubt it. They sold out in 30 mins without even announcing a match. Punk's fee would be huge, so why spend the money when there is no need to?

Unless he offers to do it on the cheap......in which I'm sure they would bite his hand off.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why don't those match graphics actually say who the people are? Is this one of those that's so elitist that it's only for ubersmarks?

A Facebook page shared the Marty Scurll match graphic with the caption of “What do you think?!” I replied with “I think they need names on.” I then got spammed with “Go back to watching WWE!”-type responses so the answer is… Yes.

Apparently the graphics don’t need names because these guys are bigger than Roman Reigns, and all the tickets are sold so they don’t need to attract any more customers. 

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, David said:

Is there a chance that CM Punk shows up at this? He's no longer under contract to the UFC I think, so it could happen, right?

If he showed up then I might be intrigued enough to watch it, even though he's a complete twat. Absolutely nothing else on that card interests me as regards the people I know on it.

17 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

It could happen, but I doubt it. They sold out in 30 mins without even announcing a match. Punk's fee would be huge, so why spend the money when there is no need to?

Unless he offers to do it on the cheap......in which I'm sure they would bite his hand off.

I don't mean to actually wrestle, but to maybe come in and cut a promo or something similar? 

• Paid Members

He'd still charge a fee, and it'd still be hefty. That would make it even more pointless if you're spending a load of money on a promo. He'd probably charge more than anyone actually wrestling on that card would.

38 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Apparently the graphics don’t need names because these guys are bigger than Roman Reigns, and all the tickets are sold so they don’t need to attract any more customers. 

6gOWCwS.jpg

Utter morons. There's the posters for the last three films The Rock has been in that have been released. Do The Elite's kool-aid drinkers think the name "Dwayne Johnson" appears in each one as a result of some contractual stipulation, or because even the people that market Hollywood blockbusters know that you need to do something as basic as putting the star's name on the poster?

See up until about a year ago, I shared a lot of the views being shared in here. Then as I had tickets to a show the bucks and Omega where on, I spent a lazy Sunday working my way through the early Being The Elite shows to get to know them a bit more.

since then, have watched it every week, followed the journeys of most involved as it grew to include the likes of Cody, Marty , hangman and flip Gordon. On it, they mix real life with reality, and I know it’s easy to edit things to tell the story you want, but it comes across very believable that away from the ring, they are good people. Have seen them all since and various shows, and in all honesty they deliver such a personal service at meet and greets that you don’t see in many other. Even with massive lines they look you in the eye, say hello etc and you leave it feeling like you had a genuine interaction with a guy, than just a passing face through which in reality we all are to them. 

Delivering this kinda service, built a fan base, and that fan base backed them when they put tickets on sale. Only a tiny proportion went to resale sites, these where fans who genuinely wanted to see what was going to be on show as hardly any talent, never mind a match had been advertised. 

Seeing a lot of criticisms on this thread for many things, but these are guys that has taken on a task that many have failed on or ripped off guys by failing to pay them after attempting such an endeavour, and they have made it work. They also have added on via Conrad and his crew a near week of events that fans can go and enjoy a proper experience than just go to the card and go home . The $10k raised alone for a meet and greet with a couple of dogs for charity is a great thing in itself. 

I really don’t know where I am heading with this, I don’t usually do longer posts as so many better at them, but I guess in closing, I don’t understand the need for so much hate about this. Even if it’s not for you, as a fan it got to be worthy of respect. The cards seems to me to be set the way it is to tell a story, showcase established but also shine a light on newer up and comers. And the posters no names, it’s just a graphic design, if you don’t watch New Japan or ROH, is a name going to matter anyway?

I wish them all the best. They seem to be doing things the right way and making it a fan experience to remember. In a time when proper stand alone feel good, life time lasting memories are hard to find in wrestling, it’s good to see one come up and hope that all goes well. If it’s not for you, is it really worth the energy to hate on it, when ignoring it is just as easy as they aren’t hurting anyone with what they are doing are they? 

• Paid Members

Punk would charge a million to show up, I'd reckon. I know I said I  think but the more I think about it, Nah I don't think he will. Dude doesn't need to go back to WWE, But he hates all of wrestling, not just the fed.

Fuck Punk, Bitter cunt.

If you watch the last few minutes of this interview that he did with Ariel Helwani, starting at about 20:20, he’s specifically asked about All In and he gives a fair, realistic answer. He doesn’t think it’s happening and no-one has given him a real offer since he left WWE, but he’s not ruling anything out if there’s, “fun to be had.” He doesn’t seem anything like this, “bitter cunt,” you speak of. 

I don’t think it’ll happen, but who knows. He wasn’t ruling it out back then, when his focus was on fighting, but only twenty four hours later he had what I think must’ve been a wake-up call that MMA wasn’t for him when he got smashed again.

Also, excellent post, Louch. You’ve articulated it way better than I did. They all seem like really sound guys who’ve managed to accomplish this really cool thing, managing to give the business a much needed kick up the arse. Obviously they’ve managed to do wonders for their own careers but something like this is likely going to benefit tonnes of wrestlers. If anything, I feel like they’re not given enough credit for the part they’ve played helping ROH and New Japan sell out Madison Square Garden. I don’t think their contributions can be understated. It’s a truly amazing story that fucking Stardust decided to leave his cushy job in WWE and is now genuinely revolutionising the business.

Considering the battle royal has admittedly by Cody, 'put them over budget' (even if a little tongue in cheek) I doubt they even have 5 grand to throw at Punk so it would have to be a freebie for his own entertainment.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Supremo said:

If anything, I feel like they’re not given enough credit for the part they’ve played helping ROH and New Japan sell out Madison Square Garden. I don’t think their contributions can be understated. It’s a truly amazing story that fucking Stardust decided to leave his cushy job in WWE and is now genuinely revolutionising the business.

MSG allowing other wrestling companies to run there had the biggest contribution. I'm not shocked in the slightest that there are an MSG-load of fans that wanted to go see the New Japan lads work MSG over Mania weekend. The 40% of tickets they sold on General in 16 minutes is a testament to what a hot ticket it was and to play Devil's Advocate every wrestling fan that's never been to the Garden and loves New Japan - like myself - will have fancied this show even if (like me) they have passing to zero interest in ROH or All In. I think Okada, Tana and Naito work MSG at Mania weekend, it sells out whether All In is a thing or not.

He sold the ropes, turnbuckles pads etc in advance to pay for it. I think there is a difference betweeen what the “budget” was at the start, and what they have to spend now it’s sold out, fite tv cash etc. But gives a lotta names  exposure on free tv so why not do it for that extra hour 

Archived