An 'All In' Thread

MPDTT

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
8 hours ago, MPDTT said:

If @Philjax is Billy Corgan, then I'll start bowing right now - Corgan is my musical hero. Been a Pumpkins fan since 1997. The Smashing Pumpkins and Oasis are my top 2 of all time.

Have you only heard those two bands in your lifetime?

@PowerButchi beat me too it

• Paid Members

I am quite interested in watching the show - mainly from the point of view of it being a bit of an 'occasion' and a novelty to see 'indie' wrestling on such a stage (and the fact that, just like seemingly everyone else, I've still got a shit-load of free FITE TV referral credits left over from 'Mania weekend...), but I do worry that rather than being as good a one-off celebration show as they can make it, it's going to be full of in-jokes that unless I bother watching the YouTube series are just going to go completely over my head.

10 minutes ago, Big Benny HG said:

I am quite interested in watching the show - mainly from the point of view of it being a bit of an 'occasion' and a novelty to see 'indie' wrestling on such a stage (and the fact that, just like seemingly everyone else, I've still got a shit-load of free FITE TV referral credits left over from 'Mania weekend...), but I do worry that rather than being as good a one-off celebration show as they can make it, it's going to be full of in-jokes that unless I bother watching the YouTube series are just going to go completely over my head.

I watch bte and I feel the opposite, outside of some schtick involving Joey Ryan and maybe flip Gordon, most of the matches will be just generic wrestling matches, even the storylines on bte can't really be transferred to a live setting really.

• Paid Members

image.png.e8dfe3026066f4b87ff75e32b7e53fe6.png

Lovely stuff.

Flip Gordon is going to help Cody win the NWA Title, isn’t he? Either that, or he can win the Battle Royale in a daft mask. Maybe even win the ROH title before unmasking. Anyone is better than shitty Jay Lethal. 

Phillip Jordan.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Lovely stuff.

Flip Gordon is going to help Cody win the NWA Title, isn’t he? Either that, or he can win the Battle Royale in a daft mask. Maybe even win the ROH title before unmasking. Anyone is better than shitty Jay Lethal. 

Phillip Jordan.

I think Flip wins the Battle Royal

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Lovely stuff.

Phillip Jordan.

Fantastic news! I am really intrigued by this show but not enough to spend a hefty amount of cash on it. 

Massively out of the loop on all in and probably 10 years or more behind on wrestling but will give this a watch! 

Read this on gamespot, who are they referring to with regards to heading back to WWE?

The show will feature talent from NJPW, ROH, NWA, Lucha Underground, and even one headed back to WWE pretty soon.

I think people expecting this to be a similar standard to Wrestle Kingdom and the likes are going to be really let down. This isn't a show being built around hugely high quality matches, it's going to be a massive celebration to honor their success. The live crowd aren't going to be there expecting ***** classics across the board, they just want to be "part of it" in terms of being able to contribute to a massively historical event. 

Aldis/Cody will suck, but hopefully they'll keep it short and it'll be a nice moment if Cody wins, Okada/Scurll hinges entirely on if Marty decides to phone it in and stick to his easy comedy shtick, Janela/Page will be a fun plunder brawl, Daniels and Amell should go smoothly considering Daniels will lead it all, Kenny and Pentagon is smart booking because it'll allow Kenny to have a night off if he's still working hurt, and it's a match that still carries big intrigue and hype due to the characters if nothing else and the six-man will be carnage. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Okada/Scurll hinges entirely on if Marty decides to phone it in and stick to his easy comedy shtick,

If he phones it in against Okada he's a fucking moron who should never get booked in New Japan again. Regardless of the setting. If they don't go balls out it will because Little Kazu doesn't feel like playing equal to the junior on away ground, but given how much he gave Ospreay on the Rev:Pro show in a leisure center in fucking Reading, I'd be surprised.

9 minutes ago, air_raid said:

If he phones it in against Okada he's a fucking moron who should never get booked in New Japan again. Regardless of the setting. If they don't go balls out it will because Little Kazu doesn't feel like playing equal to the junior on away ground, but given how much he gave Ospreay on the Rev:Pro show in a leisure center in fucking Reading, I'd be surprised.

Oh no, I don't doubt for a second that Okada has any issue whatsoever making Marty look good, just with the audience, it's playing out in front of it wouldn't surprise me to see him revert back to his WOOP WOOP crazy birdman routine. Both guys are obviously capable of putting on a fantastic match, but to the paying crowd they're probably more bothered about seeing a "fun" match than a "great" match. He shouldn't phone it in, because it's a massive platform for him to prove that he's still capable of delivering after a few really stagnant years, but if he's going to wrestle in front of one audience this year who'll allow him to get by on his crowd interaction and finger snapping spots alone, it's going to be this one.

Archived