An 'All In' Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bargain compared to the $150 to hear 40hrs of Conrad Thompson going ā€œdo the Jim Cornette impressionā€ and ā€œweā€™ve already covered this on our blah blah episodeā€ or ā€œthatā€™s a tshirt!ā€

Chat me up.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fucking hell! Dick Turpin had a gun.

Innit. Ā That price, coupled with the anti WWE sentiment, means that some people have already decided that they loved this event and it was the PPV of the year.

• Paid Members

This is pure carny shit, by the son of the master Dusty Rhodes. Some of the prices are sidesplittingly funny for what you're getting. Its admirable in a way. They've pretty much conned a rabid bunch of supporters into thinking this is some revolution and laughed all the way to the bank. They'll basically selling people Malibu Stacy in a new hat.

Oh and they hired Don West for this event. The human embodiment of shaking you down until your bus fare is gone. He's selling framed pictures of Jeff Jarrett for 200 quid. What thick cunt would buy that? (someone did buy it.)

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Innit. Ā That price, coupled with the anti WWE sentiment, means that some people have already decided that they loved this event and it was the PPV of the year.

Ā£39 for, what, a 3 or 4 hour show? Do you get anything else with it?

• Paid Members

I'll watch it on New Japan World.

I thought the weigh-in added loads to the NWA Title match. Really well done. Fair play to everyone involved, between that and those hype videos they've done a phenomenal job of making that belt seem relevant and Nick Aldis feel like a star.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Ā£39 for, what, a 3 or 4 hour show? Do you get anything else with it?

Yes. Ā A sense of smug self satisfaction that you were part of a revolution that told Vince that he isn't your real dad. And participation in a virtual circle jerk.

• Paid Members

Ā They're charging prices just to have a piss in that place. $45 to get a autograph and awkward aspy picture of Dave Meltzer in his ASDA jeans. Its $50 for 80s ref Tommy Young to raise your hand like you've won the fucking TV belt. DDP is charging $130 to do yoga with him. Some people will pay money for anything.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes. Ā A sense of smug self satisfaction that you were part of a revolution that told Vince that he isn't your real dad. And participation in a virtual circle jerk.

I'm assuming these people do know that ATDHE exists. I mean, if it comes part of some other package you have, fair enough.

49 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Conversely the 'cos the internetā€™ sentiment harboured by some people, has them deciding the show is going to be shit irrespective of what matches are on the card or whether or not they even know the talent wrestling.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting caught up in the idea that this is going to be Woodstock for Wrestling and Starrcast sounded ropey from the off, but there's a definite vein of spite and a feeling of 'how dare they?', knocking about when it comes to All In.

As it stands if it's as good as a PWG show except in front of 10k I'll be content. That said I have NJPWORLD so I've lost nothing if it's shit!

20 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting caught up in the idea that this is going to be Woodstock for Wrestling and Starrcast sounded ropey from the off, but there's a definite vein of spite and a feeling of 'how dare they?', knocking about when it comes to All In.

Is that from WWE fanboys or people who wished their favourite promotion could pull a 10k crowd?

• Paid Members

Watched a bit of the 'What Happened When' live podcast.Ā 

Tommy Young nearly put me to sleep, he went on for fucking ages, but then Scott Steiner came out, ripped on Conrad and Tony for being fat, then called Trips and Steph cunts.Ā 

Worth it for that.Ā 

Ā 

Archived