What is the worst song of all time? (With bonus best pop song)

PowerButchi

Red Red Wine. 

Podgy white guys from Birmingham should not do reggae. Sick of punters coming up and asking for reggae and then saying that track in the same sentence. Always say to managers at venues that I work at if they ever hear that song then expect silence after as i would have packed up and gone home  

Dis-honourable mention to Lady in red as well. hate that song ( and a spaceman came travelling)

Best pop song - Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart

Edited by Sheffbag

• Paid Members

A newish one that I can’t stand and can’t escape from as it’s always on tv and radio is Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still. It’s the one that sounds like Please Mr Postman.

My annoyance for it went up during a darts match last week when someone on the other team put it on the jukebox 3 Fucking times in an hour and a half as it “motivates him” 

• Paid Members

I can't truly hate 'Friday' as it became an ironic favorite of mine and my friends.

This, however, was released around the same time and is truly disgusting;

Will Smith reversed all the good will he had garnered through the years by allowing his fucking spurts (and his missus!) to be musicians. His son is also an abomination to the big screen too. 

• Moderators

You can't blame Will for his families' terrible output. But you can blame him for being a bit of an idiot and a terrible dramatic / serious actor. He needed to just stick to action and comedy.

Edit: ha! I thought of that song for this thread earlier, Keith, because I remembered Richie Freebird championing it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Going with Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's as worst. On top of being a pissy wave of insipid shite from the POV of a fucking wool, I had to hear it nearly every day in September of 2007 being driven to and from the face unit of a hospital after my undiagnosed and uncontrolled diabetes turned a small cut on my face into a fucking abscess the size of a tennis ball. Unit was a first come first served so i'd be up at 7 with no sleep and a dry mouth in agony and inevitably on the journey there or back that fucking song would come on sung by some utter, utter prick in that Glasgow Uni accent.

Greatest is a hard one, but the first one to come to mind is A Little Respect by Erasure

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

You can't blame Will for his families' terrible output. But you can blame him for being a bit of an idiot and a terrible dramatic / serious actor. He needed to just stick to action and comedy.

I think you can throw a lot of the blame at Will. Neither his daughter nor his son would've got a look in the music industry if they didn't have a Will fucking Smith as a dad. Producers weren't exactly going to say no to that kind of money or name value. He's encouraged and enabled his offspring to try showbiz careers when they lack any of the actual talent, charisma and likability that he has.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Will Smith always gets my respect for being the most (and possibly only) truly successful actor across film, TV and music.

@Accident Prone - Even as I posted that video, I just knew someone would say they like "Friday" ironically! Goddammit.

Edited by Carbomb

7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Will Smith always gets my respect for being the most (and possibly only) truly successful actor across film, TV and music.

He was only in one TV show!  If that's the criteria then with his one album, Bruce Willis is one as well.