What is the worst song of all time? (With bonus best pop song)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Anything that's been produced by "WE THE BEST MUSIC! ANOTHER ONE! WE THE BEST B-B-B-B-B-B-BEST MUSIC!" DJ fucking Khaled. In the bin. Set it on fire. Fuck off.

Excellent shout, DJ Khaled is fucking terrible. That's not me being old, because I quite like a lot of similar stuff out these days (I like stuff by DJ Snake, Major Lazer etc) but his productions are crap. So dull and boring. 'Another One', up your bum.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Sorry but the best pop music is produced by Carly Rae Jepsen. Cut to the Feeling and Run Away With Me are bangers.

EMOTION is a superb album as well. 

Yes! Quite the underrated tune, should've been a smash hit.

There's a lot from the mid-to-late 90's that legit holds up and could be released today to big fanfare. 'Kiss The Rain' by Billie Myers and 'Sleepless Satellites' by Tasmin Archer are timeless, and 'Frozen' by Madonna is a great song often forgotten in the rest of her catalog. Also, big up to whoever brought up The Veronicas, that track was a permanent fixing in my pre-drinks playlist back when I wore a younger mans clothes.

Someone earlier brought up 'Rude' by Magic. Yep, absolutely deserves to be in the 'Worst Song' discussion. Some pop stars are arrogant but you laugh it off because either the music is good or they're still very entertaining. The cunt at the front of MAGIC is neither. He's a brat not getting what he wants. Surely a song like this should be about trying to prove to the Dad that he's good enough? How well will he treat his daughter? How will he give her the best life and support her? How much does he love her? Will he be willing to give up everything for her? What's their history? Does she truly love him back? Can we feel the bond between these two star-crossed lovers, this Romeo & Juliette, and their struggle to cement their love for each other in the eyes of a proud, stoic father?

Well, we don't fucking know because the shithorse doesn't bring any of that up! It's a child throwing a tantrum in a supermarket because he can't have the toy he spotted whilst on the Friday food shop. He doesn't show why he deserves to marry this "old fashioned" man's daughter as he doesn't go into any detail about how much he actually cares for her or loves her. Songs about being angry at your dad have been around for decades (take a look at most alternative rock) but being being angry at someone elses Dad? And taking no action about it but throwing a massive wobbler? Jesus fucking Christ.

• Paid Members

The worst thing I've heard recently is Something For Your M.I.N.D. by Superorganism. That is so bad that I'm sure it's a rib. Someone sat in a cafe in Hoxton drinking an artisan hazelnut latte and twirling their moustache like a Victorian workhouse master has thought to himself "What load of old cobblers can I come up with to make Lauren Laverne think this is cool" 

Then he has put on his WWI pilots helmet and goggles and cycled back to his loft apartment on his pennyfarthing before knocking this old toss up on his computer in 25 minutes, set up a Twitter account claiming it was produced by collaboration on the internet by like minded people and sat back laughing to himself while hipsters like him have taken the shitball and run with it. 

Just the dirt worst.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Sorry but the best pop music is produced by Carly Rae Jepsen. Cut to the Feeling and Run Away With Me are bangers.

EMOTION is a superb album as well. 

But what's the worst song of all time? That's the main crux of the thread. You have to discuss that to talk about good ones.

19 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The worst thing I've heard recently is Something For Your M.I.N.D. by Superorganism. That is so bad that I'm sure it's a rib. Someone sat in a cafe in Hoxton drinking an artisan hazelnut latte and twirling their moustache like a Victorian workhouse master has thought to himself "What load of old cobblers can I come up with to make Lauren Laverne think this is cool"

That is indeed a load of bilge that gets skipped whenever it comes on FIFA. What an annoying voice in the chorus.

As for Rudebox, it's too silly to be a contender. And I like me some Robbie Williams.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

They say the song is called Fascination, but they clearly sing it as "Fascist Nation".  It's just the way they feel.

On 19 seconds they sing "Nazi Leopards". I think you're onto something Keith! 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

But what's the worst song of all time? That's the main crux of the thread. You have to discuss that to talk about good ones.

Lonely by Akon - sounded like his balls were being squeezed throughout. 

Someone else mentioned Black Eyed Peas - I like I Gotta Feelin', but 'My Humps' is fucking terrible. 

Oh also, Eamon - I don't want you back and Frankee - FURB are both tedious and awful - particularly remembering the big thing the charts made about how it was an argument between the two awful people. 

Edited by Nexus

• Paid Members

What's that one with that lyric "I'm gonna marry you anyway"? It always used to be on in Asda when I went shopping and is the prime reason I use Morrisons now. How could anybody hear that song and think it's good? I know I listened to some shite when I was a kid but even at that age I would have turned the radio off pronto.

This is the one that makes me breakout in hives. It still gets radio airplay here, too, for some reason. That's why it trumps any manner of folksy-EDM crossovers I could have went for. Warms my heart to see Bohemian Rhapsody get a nod too. It's the one the biggest people pleasing dullard at the party always suggests, isn't it?

Bad Romance is the best pop song of the last ten years. The decade before that is all Girls Aloud. 

Biology is essentially just a bunch of choruses stuck together. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

10 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What's that one with that lyric "I'm gonna marry you anyway"? It always used to be on in Asda when I went shopping and is the prime reason I use Morrisons now. How could anybody hear that song and think it's good? I know I listened to some shite when I was a kid but even at that age I would have turned the radio off pronto.

Is it this abortion of a song??

11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That's the aforementioned "Rude" by MAGIC! (yep, that's how they stylise it).  As soon as I heard it I knew they were white, as the learned poster who nominated it said, the singer is such a wanker as he cares for nobody but himself.  It's white reggae by numbers, right down to the instrumentation and production.

The worst thing about bands like Brokencyde and Millionaires is that they were being sold to 13 year olds while nearly all those songs are explicitly about sucking dick or some similar shite, there's no way the "scene kid" demographic was over 18.

But this is still worse, you can joke about black metal not being music but this really isnt.