What is the worst song of all time? (With bonus best pop song)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

It's Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry. By about 7,000 miles. Everything about it is so cringy to the nth degree. The video (especially the uncensored version that Kerrang woould show which turned out to have an undersage girl in it), the tune, the lyrics, the subject matter of the song. Everything about it is fucking scum, and if you like it then so are you.

Fucking bang on the money. In my heyday of going to rock clubs three times per week, where this song was a big floor filler, I'd hit the bar or toilet or literally go anywhere else but be anywhere near this shite. Hated it.

I'll throw my hat in for 'Galway Girl' as well. Ed Sheeran is the Jamie Oliver of pop music and nothing makes me sick quite like "She played the fiddle in an Irish band, 
but she fell in love with an English man". Makes me physically ill. 

I'd like to nominate 'Rockstar' by Nickelback, but virtually their entire catalog (with the exception of 'Leader Of Men') is dross and bollocks. 

Also, a shining turd-tinted light should be thrown upon on 'Welcome To My Life' by Simple Plan.  A bunch of suburban white guys in their 20's attempt to appeal to teenagers in the most see-through fashion I have ever seen. Look at this albatross of garbage;

"Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don't belong
And no one understands you

Do you ever want to run away?
Do you lock yourself in your room?
With the radio on turned up so loud
That no one hears you screaming

No you don't know what its like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what its like to be like me."

Fuck off you pandering cunts.

We were having a round of hypotheticals today at work. Today’s question was “For £500k, would you spend the rest of your life watching a shit film chosen by someone else”- it all came about after I saw a bit of The Scorpion King while channel hopping the other day. Shite film, but it also has a shocker of a song playing over the closing credits. Prior to Nickelback breaking out big, you had Godsmack. ‘I Stand Alone’ is the worst thing ever

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Best pop song of all time is Alphabeat's "Fascination". It's got the lot! 

The entire album is ace, Boyfriend is even better than Fascination imo. It's a proper unashamed feel good pop album, much like the Junior Senior album.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It's a recruitment song for some aryan nationalist movement.  Disgusting.

Hang on, do you mean Alphabeat wrote and recorded the song to recruit Aryan's, or some Aryan has put the song over their recruitment video?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The entire album is ace, Boyfriend is even better than Fascination imo. It's a proper unashamed feel good pop album, much like the Junior Senior album.

I quite like their cover of Public Image on that album. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The two singers used to be Prussian Blue.  They look different now but it's definitely them.

Prussion Blue were the Lynx and Lamb twins weren't they from the Louix Theroux documentary? Or am I getting confused?

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members

I'd never heard of them until now. Just looked them up on Wiki. Good god.

According to the article, they publicly renounced their views in 2012, but, still, there's not much that prepares you for when you read stuff like this:

In an interview with Vice Magazine, the twins stated, "Part of our heritage is German American. Also our eyes are blue, and Prussian Blue is just a really pretty color." They also remarked, "there is also the discussion of the lack of 'Prussian Blue' coloring (Zyklon Bresidue) in the so-called gas chambers in the concentration camps. We think it might make people question some of the inaccuracies of the 'Holocaust' myth."[4] This is a reference to claims made by many Holocaust deniers that the Holocaust either did not happen or had far fewer victims than generally believed.

• Paid Members

Hang on, I'm confused now. Are we saying that Alphabeat are actually Lynx and Lamb(Prussian Blue)? Because that doesn't seem right? 

Alphabeat are Danish, and not two women?

Edited by Cod Eye