Chippy Tea

Onyx2

28 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sacrilegious!!

Normally I'd agree but If you'd seen the portions I got on the last 2 visits then you would probably draw the same conclusion.

A one off sure, I'd take it but they tried to have me over for 2 portions of chips that were combined half the size of the picture I posted and 2 sausages for just shy of a tenner. (Not all for me either!) Just not sport that, especially as they weren't offended when I asked them to put a few more chips in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Just nipped out of the office to get a butty and was greeted by this, which seemingly opened today/over the weekend. It's OPPOSITE my office.

177133000_Screenshot2022-05-23at12_55_23.thumb.png.08a4eadc08d4cb2fa22a3a164b99e72c.png

Obviously had to help the local economy with a sausage dinner and it didn't disappoint. 

IMG_6810.thumb.jpeg.891b7c46c017fdf3ebd52c2040ac378a.jpeg

If I don't post again within a week, then it's just to be a small service, no hymns and my dad will get the ale in.

• 1 month later...

Always wanted to post a pic in this thread....hope it works.

Pics don't do full justice of just how good the chips were and how crispy the batter on the fish bites was.  They sent curry sauce instead of peas so by no means perfect from Gary's Chippy, Town Centre, Barnsley

Edited by NavigatorFan
Couldn't upload photo so set up a Twitter account instead 🤣

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I was in Skegness yesterday, and had to park round the back of Busters. Sat on the steps were staff from one of the chippies, eating a tray of horrendously pasty, undercooked chips.

What hope does a customer when the staff don't even cook them properly for themselves? I'm starting to think that maybe chippies should be regulated.

• Paid Members

Anyone ever partial to a Turkey Stick? Used to get them all the time when I was a kid, and I'm sure I was getting them in 06-07 from a Chinese chippy near Whitworth Park (Manc) which isnt there anymore. Inch thick cubes of processed spiced turkey on a wooden skewer, each separated by about an inch square flap of fried onion, battered. Loved them. It helped that the onion was always nicely sweet and the turkey cubes, though processed, were juicy and the spicing was spot on. Was always a nice occasional change from fish or sausage. Used to quite enjoy a spring roll too.

• Paid Members
On 7/22/2022 at 11:09 PM, Silky Kisser said:

20220722_183325.thumb.jpg.5864775bb38f6774d7f297e99fe5d16f.jpg

Can't remember the last time opted for a non battered sausage. Was pretty good though. Impressive length on the boy. 

Christ, is that the Requiem for a Dream special?

• Paid Members

Normally go to the Battered Cod in Fallowfield, but the last couple have been a letdown.  Went to the Golden Gate in Heaton Mersey tonight.  Best non-seaside fish and chips I’ve had for years.

72373E8E-24DD-490B-BF49-3E13DAF2248A.jpeg