Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
On 8/27/2022 at 10:34 PM, d-d-d-dAz said:

The proper chippy tea is the one thing you can’t replicate properly when you go to the dark side and you stop eating meat and dairy.

Whenever the wife wants chippy, I end up just getting chips and doing just loads of bread and (dairy free) butter.

It is absolutely fucking garbage 😣

If it's not fried in animal fat it's never going to be a top tier chip in my opinion. It might look good but the taste will never be there.

Had a chippy for the first time in a while tonight, and it’ll be the last till Christmas as our local has really jacked the prices up

I got my usual order of salt and pepper wings,  chips and curry sauce while my mum got a chow mien (and had some of my chips) and it came to nearly £20 (£8.50 for the chow mein, £7.50 for the wings, £2 for a ‘small’ chips and £1.70 for the curry)

Still demolished it mind

25 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Had a chippy for the first time in a while tonight,

danny devito GIF

25 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

I got my usual order of salt and pepper wings,  chips and curry sauce while my mum got a chow mien (and had some of my chips) and it came to nearly £20 (£8.50 for the chow mein, £7.50 for the wings, £2 for a ‘small’ chips and £1.70 for the curry)

Danny Devito Smh GIF

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Had a chippy for the first time in a while tonight, and it’ll be the last till Christmas as our local has really jacked the prices up

Still demolished it mind

It’s been that long that you have forgotten WHAT A FUCKING CHIPPY IS!!!

I’m reluctantly accepting that chippies can do kebab house stuff if it helps ensure their survival (although full blown kebab menu loses its chippy status) but this is a step too far! It’s not my hill to die on but it will take a hill to cover my fat chippy tea stained corpse before I accept a Chinese is a chippy tea.

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

There used to be a Chinese chippy near me as a kid in Willenhall (suburb of Cov, not the town), I wish there were more of them.

Nearly every single one of my favourite chippys has been run by Chinese people, the best being the Ken Hom Fish Bar (not run by the big man himself sadly)

4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Ah right. I only ever seemed to hear Scousers talk about going to the chippy for cod, jumbo sausage and special fried rice, hence why I thought it was a northwest thing.

Apologies, let me rephrase as that might be a northern thing actually.

Chinese run chippys are not mainly a northern thing, but I've never come across a 'chippy' that also sells Chinese food.

That sounds more like what is being described, although I'd still reckon this is a chinese take away that sells chips as well, but I'm sure I'll be proved wrong.

The ones I've frequented are just normal chippys (innocent chippys), run by Chinese people. Never rice on offer, or wings or chow mein as they dont belong in a chippy.