Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

Dandelion and Burdock is they traditional accompaniment to a chippy tea.  Please do it correctly in future.

Difficult to get D&B in London that isn't expensive hipster stuff or sugar-free shite.

But yeh - amongst my fondest memories of visiting my grandma in Yorkshire was getting fish & chips from Park Fisheries in Cleckheaton or the Golden Fish in Liversedge, and eating them accompanied with big glass bottles of Ben Shaw's Dandelion & Burdock, Shandy, or American Cream Soda.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Irn Bru is the ultimate choice of beverage with a fish supper. Some things can't be argued with and this is one of them.

I discovered this quite by accident when picking up an Irn Bru from my old regular Chinese chippy (I know) just out of novelty as I hadn’t had one for years. Fish n chips n curry sauce with a can of Irn Bru goes fantastically.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I had a fucking Morrison’s Cafe fish and chips for my tea and I honestly feel like a do over is required looking at that. Hardly any chippies do savaloy’s here though, I had to go as far as Oswestry before I had one.

Ugh, I hate that town. Where was it though as I've never had on. 

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Ugh, I hate that town. Where was it though as I've never had on. 

Actually misrepresenting here come to think of it. It was actually Oswestry Kebab House, the one on the corner and they did proper chippy chips and saveloys and the kebabs were rolled up in giant naan’s but there’s another thread for that.

• Paid Members

Cracking chips and mushy peas combo for me. Excuse the inept photography I assure you it was some high quality chip action.

20211002_182542.jpg

• Paid Members

I don't have a picture, but I've recently become devastated to find that my local chippies saveloys have become rank. Three times on the trot they have been dry, odd and just plain bad.

Luckily, I'm a proper fat bastard and ordered loads of other stuff. But what do I do? Write to the council or something?

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, marc2j said:

I don't have a picture, but I've recently become devastated to find that my local chippies saveloys have become rank. Three times on the trot they have been dry, odd and just plain bad.

Luckily, I'm a proper fat bastard and ordered loads of other stuff. But what do I do? Write to the council or something?

Your MP, or failing that Echo out of Echo and the Bunnymen.