Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m getting concerned that northerners on here also get gravy wrong. It’s not supposed to be brown water you know. Nor should a spoon be able to stand up in in it. It poured, sitting over the chips,  managing to keep them crisp, with some moistness rather then turning into some beefy broth. I’ll send a video next time if you want to criticise fucking Gravy of all things.

So that’s gravy, the name of rolls, and the meal times of the day you all can’t get right? 

Cheeky bastard, we bleed gravy.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’m getting concerned that northerners on here also get gravy wrong. It’s not supposed to be brown water you know. Nor should a spoon be able to stand up in in it. It poured, sitting over the chips,  managing to keep them crisp, with some moistness rather then turning into some beefy broth. I’ll send a video next time if you want to criticise fucking Gravy of all things.

So that’s gravy, the name of rolls, and the meal times of the day you all can’t get right? 

Mate I'm from Essex.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

There’s a happy medium between runny like water and thick like tar. In that medium gravy exists.

In my reality it was inbetween medium and thick. I welcome anyone that wants to create a gravy thread, with videos of gravy being poured for comparison. May need NSFW Tags. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

13 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If it's the thickness of tar like in your pic, then the chippy has done it hideously wrong, it has to be sat in a pot over a water bath or warmer so it maintains a pourable consistency but still has a meaty flavour

If your're doing it home made, don't over reduce the stock/meat juices and add a bit of cornflour mixed with water to thicken if it gets too runny and for instant it's 1-1/2 table spoons of granules to 300ml boiled water in a measuring jug