Wrestling unpopular opinions

Jacko

There was proper money in a Shane McMahon babyface main event run in about 2001 if the Invasion hadn't occupied him for that year.

Crowds loved Shane-O and the psychology of his matches was great back then playing the non-athlete struggling to keep up with the real wrestlers. A story arc where he gets gradually better in the ring over a period of months until he can hold his own with the real main eventers would've been great.

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

But then you'd have hated WCW.

Hate is a strong word. I dont hate WWE, even though I dislike the modern product. I don't think WCW winning the war would have led to the demise of WWF either. If WCW had stayed on top longer, Vince would have moved away from Monday night and the head to head era.

I don't believe, in that era, anyone felt that there was not room for both promotions. Yet now, it is reasonable to question whether there is a sufficient market for 2 major western promotions - purely due to what WWE has morphed into since 2001.

Maybe I should correct my post to 'I wish WCW hadn't lost the Monday Night War'

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

It was worth "ruining" the most recent Wrestlemania Main event by adding Charlotte and turning it into a 3way.

The match and story were definitely worse for it in the short term but even if Becky never recovers the momentum she had going in, in the long run Charlotte will be the one against which the others will be judged and being in the first Women's mania main event is a worthwhile enough addition to her list of achievements that it was worth slightly sabotaging the angle to include her.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

You want a Baron Corbin unpopular opinion? I nearly posted about him in the "wrestlers you'd go gay for" thread the other day but I couldn't find it.

Of all the guys to go gay for (Ibushi, Riddle, Balor, Titus, Tanahashi), you'd go with fucking Corbin?

25 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

You want a Baron Corbin unpopular opinion? I nearly posted about him in the "wrestlers you'd go gay for" thread the other day but I couldn't find it.

12 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Of all the guys to go gay for (Ibushi, Riddle, Balor, Titus, Tanahashi), you'd go with fucking Corbin?

Tyler Breeze is crying into his Kool Aid.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Cody Rhodes is a disappointment.

Not as a wrestler, boss or person but as a name.

He should be Winding or Country or Back or something. 

He should have a gigantic, Diesel-like bodyguard called The Colossus of Rhodes.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said:

It was worth "ruining" the most recent Wrestlemania Main event by adding Charlotte and turning it into a 3way.

The match and story were definitely worse for it in the short term but even if Becky never recovers the momentum she had going in, in the long run Charlotte will be the one against which the others will be judged and being in the first Women's mania main event is a worthwhile enough addition to her list of achievements that it was worth slightly sabotaging the angle to include her.

It always amused me how angry people got over Charlotte being inserted into this match, it was pretty obvious to me it was the right choice, she was the 'hand' in the match, Ronda had literally debuted 12 months earlier and people thought she could do a one on one mania main event?