So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

54 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Next time they should have Balor come out in his LGBT gear and then we’d really get to see how “progressive and liberal” Jeddah is.

No, they shouldn't. I don't think it does WWE many favours to do something stupid like that just to play "LOL GOTCHA" at backwards cultures who are giving them money. And if they did do it and Finn Balor got executed, you'd be complaining about that.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

And if they did do it and Finn Balor got executed...

Well of course I don't think they should actually do it but that was my point exactly. He probably would be executed and what a sad, backward and fucked up thing that would be. 

51 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I wonder if Goldust had any trepidation about performing. You could also sense a bit of awkwardness when Fandango caught Tyler Breeze in his arms. Like an arena full of homophobic grandads. 

Goldust is just a weird guy in a gold outfir nowadays though. I'm sure the Goldust of 96 would likely have received a much different reaction - if he would be on the show at all.

8 hours ago, Loki said:

Without meaning to sound like some conspiracy nut, but I'm really dubious that they accidentally showed that trailer with women in. They've been meticulous so far in abiding by the very straight rules that the Saudis set out about no women.  Everything is planned down to the minute in these shows.  I think they did it deliberately, knowing they'd get away with it as it was a live broadcast.  I reckon they understand that they've received very negative mainstream press over this, and this was a carny way of a nod and a wink to that.

AJ Styles entrance graphic at Wrestlemania had him as Universal Champion. I think you're overthinking it and it was just overlooked in the logistics of putting such an elaborate production overseas and this close to Wrestlemania

1 hour ago, The Curious Orange said:

AJ Styles entrance graphic at Wrestlemania had him as Universal Champion. I think you're overthinking it and it was just overlooked in the logistics of putting such an elaborate production overseas and this close to Wrestlemania

This show does appear to be full of mistakes both in and outside of the ring....feels quite rushed in that respect. Very unlike WWE to do.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

I wonder if Goldust had any trepidation about performing. You could also sense a bit of awkwardness when Fandango caught Tyler Breeze in his arms. Like an arena full of homophobic grandads. 

Did Big E do his 'abdominal stretch while licking his hand and spanking ass to the New Day Rocks chant' spot? Can't imagine that would have gone down well.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Grecian said:

Did Big E do his 'abdominal stretch while licking his hand and spanking ass to the New Day Rocks chant' spot? Can't imagine that would have gone down well.

He did the stretch and lick but didn’t do the spank. I forget who he was going to do it to, but they got out of it. I did wonder when it was being set up if he was actually going to do it and how it would be a bad idea. 

• Paid Members

Did WWE do anything with the female roster this weekend? Don't begrudge the girls a weekend off while the company is busy selling out but it seems like a massive missed opportunity to do a women only special. Not only would it have done good business live and on the network but it would have sent a subtle message.

Watched the start of the show live on Friday and the rest throughout Saturday. Funny how the crowd reactions absolutely died after Cena/HHH. They did a fantastic job of hardly letting it appear that the floor was empty and the acoustics weren't bad but it was clear who the stars are. Cena, HHH, Taker, Orton, Mysterio and Jericho. Lesnar, Reigns, Henry and Strowman reactions' weren't bad. Everyone else was crickets.

Rumble was decent enough with Titus being the obvious highlight. Two every year will kill the real one. If they're collecting big money though, they won't care. Matches were fine. Nothing special. Results, however cheap, all made sense. Cena/HHH was the highlight for me.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

while he could have been kayfabing, didn’t Cole say it was 82F/28C degrees in the ring. Move it to plater in the year, that’s going to be horrible for the guys, even if they’re are mostly in their speedos

They're moving the 2022 World Cup to our Autumn to coincide with "Winter" in Qatar so it's at it's coolest. That would be the ideal time.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

They're moving the 2022 World Cup to our Autumn to coincide with "Winter" in Qatar so it's at it's coolest. That would be the ideal time.

Mainly as no one's wants to see Harry Kane in his Speedos.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Mainly as no one's wants to see Harry Kane in his Speedos.

DON'T TALK ABOUT ENGLAND'S ROSE LIKE THAT, HE'S VERY PRECIOUS YOU KNOW

You're allowed to rip on Sterling, though

Archived