So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

I didn't have a problem with it tbh, he'd gone something like 65-70 minutes in only his 4th match back and Cass was a lot fresher at that point to take advantage

Fun show all round I thought, the Reigns experiment has got to be dead in the water now surely? Have Joe choke him out at Backlash then give him some time out to reboot his whole character

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryan was eliminated by the guy he’s feuding with and has a match with at the next big show, where he will no doubt win. 

I don’t know why people are obsessed with Bryan winning absolutely everything and only wrestling the people they want him to wrestle. 

• Paid Members

Titus is lucky that he did that in Saudi Arabia. Had it been in the US that wouldn't have been ring apron, it would have been display screen. Head first into that would have made a mess. 

Genuinely the funniest thing I have seen in wrestling. It caused my brother, who was having a drink at the time to snort Irn Bru through his nose like some kind of angry Scottish Dragon. 

Bobby Lashley is still a big old clumsy fuck isn't he. Nearly killing a man who has been off for 4 months with the most horrible looking brainbuster is a great reminder of how shit he was last time. 

34 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Bryan was eliminated by the guy he’s feuding with and has a match with at the next big show, where he will no doubt win. 

I don’t know why people are obsessed with Bryan winning absolutely everything and only wrestling the people they want him to wrestle. 

This.

It is like when people got enraged that Cena beat AJ in one of their three matches.

There is no point getting the rub from Big Match John, if he is jobbing out on every single match, it would very quickly lose its shine.

Ditto, no point Bryan just winning everything he does.

• Awards Moderator

In a year, someone will ask me "who won at that Saudi event?" 

"Dunno but Titus skidded under the ring." 

I cannot wait for the Botchamania on this one. Going to be so good, whatever with that and Lashley committing manslaughter. What an absolute jerk. He muffed it once so thought he'd try again. 

Fun event overall. 

The bad:

-Lashley looked awful

-Jericho's gear and pasty little pouchy tummy, fucking hell

-Taker was pointless, boring and shit

-Jinder is unsalvageable. That one botch where Jeff missed the corkscrew and Jinder bumped for it anyway, dear me..

The good:

-Banter O'Neil

-The world title matches were alright and the spear through the cage spot was fun

-Cena/HHH was really solid

-Rumble was fun and easy to sit through with some interesting leftfield entries. Bryan and Strowman both looked awesome. Cass did well in his part

Overall worth a watch, the crowd were decent in places - few nice pops for the big boys but it was absolutely dead most of the time. Interesting that two of the most over acts in Rusev & Elias didn't get their shtick over nearly as well, so it must have been quite a casual crowd. Though I did notice a few Nakamura shirts, and a small smattering of Roman boos and even smaller section of "Cena sucks". This show served to highlight how far Roman is off Cena's level, John got a great reception on the whole, Roman just wasn't really over one way or the other!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Heatseeker said:

Legit thought Big Cass was dead. 

Do you mean when he got caught in the Braun "body explosion"? He did limp around for a bit after that. He's wearing some heavy strapping on those knees. I can't see him staying the course physically in the coming years. Bit of a shame as he showed some decent intensity last night.

2 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Do you mean when he got caught in the Braun "body explosion"? He did limp around for a bit after that. He's wearing some heavy strapping on those knees. I can't see him staying the course physically in the coming years. Bit of a shame as he showed some decent intensity last night.

Didn't notice that - I was worried after the brainbuster from Lashley

• Paid Members

Maybe I’m being naive, but I can’t understand how anyone can watch that Rumble, in which Daniel Bryan was focused on throughout, and feel like he’s being, “held down.” If anything, I thought this was the best thing they’ve done with him since he came back. For the first time in weeks he felt like a big deal again, breaking the record and essentially being allowed to shine non-stop until Cass threw him out. 

Roman. LOL.

Fair play that they’ve figured out that Braun is the guy, but I worry it’s too little too late. He should never have been losing clean to Lesnar and titting about with the Tag Titles if you were always going to bottle it with Roman. Everyone clocked their mistake last year. At this point it feels like the moment has passed.

The absolute state of Jericho’s gut. That’s got to be the worst shape I’ve ever seen him in.

Titus. Amazing. Moment of the year. 

Lashley is going to kill someone. Has he been this shit the whole time he’s been gone?

• Paid Members

@d-d-d-dAz @Heatseeker yes. Lashley is a dangerous fool. It's pretty silly to attempt that type of move on someone as long as Cass is. Right next to the ropes too. Daft.

Hornswoggle got a pretty big pop. I liked that they didn't get the early match competitors to do double duty. Gave us a few unexpected entrants in the Rumble. Is Dan Matha completely up himself or is he just very good at playing that character?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWE/status/989991029485928448

What an adorable geek he really is.

I’m with Supes. It feels like this event came at a really important time for Bryan, and sort of re-injected his run with that feelgood factor.

I can see why they’ve put him with Cass. For one, they want to put Cass over and two, the big boys are all accounted for but they must have foresaw the cries of ‘burial’?!

Its difficult, because I want Bryan involved in everything pretty much and for it to feel like it did in the run up to him wrestling twice at Mania. But if he’s back full time he’s going to have to muck it out with the schlubs from time to time.

I just hope the Cass thing is one and done.

Archived