So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, The Dart said:

They do them all the time surely, unless you have a different idea of the meaning than I do?

Sorry, I missed this.

I was under the impression bought shows were paid for by people outside the company, who basically did the promotion and provided the venue (not necessarily his), and, after deductions made for "buying" the show, i.e. paying the company their asking price (which, presumably, is used to pay the workers and crew in addition to making a profit), would keep all profits made from ticket sales (and maybe merch, depending on agreements).

As opposed to what I thought WWE do now, which is running everything themselves, choosing the venue themselves, splitting promotion between themselves and the venue, and keeping most of the profit, with deductions made to pay the venue's commission for tickets.

Or have I got that wrong?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyone seen the WWE Saudi dinner tonight? Just found it highly amusing that Vince brought along Brock, Taker, Angle, Khali, Roman, Orton, Braun, Rusev and anyone on the gas or with star power. No AJ, Fin, Owens, Bryan etc. Seriously, when Vince goes hands on with something, the big boys come out. Got to love him.

Fucking in tears at this.

2 hours ago, richarduk said:

Does anyone know if this is definitely going to be available on the Network on demand after it airs as can’t watch tomorrow night?

Cheers!

No reason to think it won't - most Americans won't be watching on a Friday daytime and a big part of the show is apparently to show how normal and not terrifying Saudi Arabia is, so they are going to want to air it plenty.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Fucking in tears at this.

That's brilliant. Just needed something at the end when Roseanne laughs.

giphy.gifUiyVHS.gif

That would sting if i wasn't invited to that dinner. I hope all the smaller lads are in Jericho's hotel room having a bitch session about it.

• Paid Members

Sean Waltman said on his podcast that Shawn Michaels told him they offered him big money to come out of retirement on the show. Shawn turned it down. Vince's has went Saudi crazy. This is a proper WrestleMania event for him. He seemed to give more of a shit about this show than Mania.

• Paid Members

Having a regular Rumble on a foreign show is crazy, nevermind the largest one ever. Plus the additional Wrestlemania calibre card!

Shipping all the gear over must have cost a bomb too. The money must be astronomical.

Archived