So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
18 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Love that video, with the music over the top it looks like something out of the 80's.

Like the late 80s sitcom Roseanne, perhaps.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, The Dart said:

I'd say what you think is a bought show happens all the time.

Fair enough. I honestly thought WWE were huge enough to the point where they controlled most of the operation. Thanks for the clarification.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, richarduk said:

Does anyone know if this is definitely going to be available on the Network on demand after it airs as can’t watch tomorrow night?

Cheers!

There are multiple repeats scheduled on the Network. I think you can be pretty sure that it'll be available to watch back at a later date.

I just read that Sami Zayn is about as welcome in Saudi Arabia as the women are.  Anyone read anything about that?

He has wrestled there before, but I can't keep up with all the various conflicts.  The person who wrote it might just be wrong!

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, The Dart said:

April 2014.

Ah, I hadn't realised that WWE had run Saudi Arabia before. Still, it's not like Saudi/Syrian relations had got any better.

It could well be Sami's political stances as much as his heritage; he runs the Sami 4 Syria charity/fundraisers, that probably wouldn't get him in Saudi Arabia's good books.

I am very intrigued as to how the atmosphere is gonna be at this show. With family seating nearest the ring and single males near the back the atmosphere could be dead. I am really looking forward to seeing how all in the WWE goes here. I wonder if aspects of the matches/storylines will change to fit the culture. Do you think it will be a normal WWE show (sans females) in a different country or something drastically different?

Also anyone have much experience in Saudi? And if so what cultural elements or differences do you see affecting the show?

Archived