So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Paid Members

If you watched that Rumble match with no prior knowledge of WWE, you’d be left with little doubt that Braun Strowman is the guy on Raw and Daniel Bryan is the guy on Smackdown. 

Plus, once again, it needs to be said - Big Cass is delivering big time. That trash talk after he threw Daniel out was really great. You wonder how much reality he’s putting into this act of frustrated dickhead because it feels completely authentic so far. He already feels much higher on the totem pole than when he got injured.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yep. There is definitely something different about him this time around. He could have easily powdered out after his knee buckled when he entered the ring. He toughed it out though. Recovered from being dropped on his head too. He looked as if he had a part to play last night. 

He'd completely lost the deer in the headlights eyes he had the last time I saw him, which admittedly was when he was still teaming with Enzo. He looked good last night. 

I thought the crowd set-up was a shame - it seemed like those in the stands were into the show and making noise all night but they were so far back it didn't really translate to TV. Instead you had a bunch of guys facing the hard camera who were either stood chatting with their backs to the ring for half the night, or just looked completely bored. I guess for that kind of money they can do what they want though. 

Also, didn’t they say those on ground level were all in some way related to the royal family? Makes sense they were a little... aloof.

There were a few who were bang into the Rumble match, though. People lost their shit for Orton.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Also, didn’t they say those on ground level were all in some way related to the royal family? Makes sense they were a little... aloof.

The Saudi Royal family is over 10,000 people so I'm guessing they were all royalty. It's no doubt why the floor seating was so little, to separate them from the general populace.

• Paid Members

Even though it was a long 'ol, overbooked show, I really enjoyed the Rumble itself. Being able to sit and watch it live with my kids at 5pm was a novelty too.

Was wondering though, is the big Sumo bloke who they wheeled out someone significant to the Saudis? 

Bryan’s chest tho, Jesus that looked painful. The show overall had a bit of a funny feel to it, like it was both a house show and Wrestlemania at the same time but with that said it was still very enjoyable for the most part. 

And thank you Titus O’Neil for that magnificent moment, it will live in my heart forevermore.

23 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

And was it just me or was Michael Cole actually really good all night ? It sounded like he was genuinely enjoying himself for a change.

Apart from saying Sgt Slaughter had passed away he wasn’t that bad. 

Hes constant calling Nakamura “Shin” pissed me off though 

Archived