So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take a shot every time the commentators say “wheelhouse”, which seems to be Vince’s new buzzword

Jinder Mahal selling for that missed Whisper In The Wind, then taking the Twist of Fate with a bump on his knees that Kane would have been proud of, fucking hell. Hell of an effort to be more of a shitarse than he normally is, but he managed it.

Still only about half way through the show, but HHH/Cens was decent enough for what it was considering they first squared off 12 years ago, and Cena took the best pedigree that I’ve seen anyone take in years 

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed last night show. Utterly fascinating watch. As some of you said it was part house show and part Wrestlemania.

The AJ Nakamura match was way better for me than their Mania outing. Not a classic by any means but the shift to a heel/face dynamic really made for a better outing.

I didn't have a problem so much with D Bry being dumped out and losing, so much as I felt it really hurt the ending of the Rumble. It took all the suspense out of it purely because you're a mental if you think Big Cass was going over Braun.

Also Titus is my hero. I was dying. The guy is magic.

I thought the Undertaker was moving remarkably well compared to his last few Mania appearances. That hip surgery must have done wonders for his mobility for him to be doing apron guillotine leg drops and not looking like he was killing himself.

Haven't gone through all the posts, but on the subject of Titus' trip up.

How bloody lucky is he that they were using the old style ring with the apron rather than the big LED style video screen ones?

We could have been talking about a wholly different type of situation rather than laughing about it.

• Paid Members

Best Royal Rumble I've ever watched live. The non-rumble matches were all as expected, but fuck me that Rumble match was insane. 6 of us met up after work round mine and put a random lottery on, ÂŁ5 each. Ordered pizzas and had a few drinks. We were pissing ourselves at some of the draws like that fat Japanese lad and Babatunde!

When Titus went down we never recovered from it, we were replaying the replays, one lad was in tears.

Won myself ÂŁ30 cos I had Braun too so that was a treat.

That crowd was shocking though, we couldn't stop watching them all night. I think if I watched the show alone it would have dragged with the sheer volume of jobbers in it, but they added to it when someone had been waiting 10 entrants for their next pick and it's Dash.

56 minutes ago, DEF said:

I didn't have a problem so much with D Bry being dumped out and losing, so much as I felt it really hurt the ending of the Rumble. It took all the suspense out of it purely because you're a mental if you think Big Cass was going over Braun.

Have Braun eliminating Bryan after going for such a stretch right at the very end, depriving him of the glory and you risk Braun getting the Roman reception going forward. They got it very right last night, across the board. Which was fairly impressive as i thought a Rumble with 50 bastards in could really drag or be a right shambles. I was very pleasantly surprised by it and by the fact they made a real effort to give a few particular guys a real big and effective shine. Bryan being the main one. How the specials can moan about how he was handled last night is beyond me, fucking idiots. As Supremo said, Braun and Bryan looked like their guys after that show.

1 minute ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

How the specials can moan about how he was handled last night is beyond me, fucking idiots.

Haven't seen any of it myself, but if anyone's saying D Bryan's being held back or buried after that, then well you just summed it up, fucking idiots.  They should just stop watching.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, JFFC said:

Haven't gone through all the posts, but on the subject of Titus' trip up.

How bloody lucky is he that they were using the old style ring with the apron rather than the big LED style video screen ones?

We could have been talking about a wholly different type of situation rather than laughing about it.

Nah, would've been the modern day Austin/McMahon bedpan sound except ten times funnier.

Fucking hell Titus.

Archived