So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Grecian said:

Did Big E do his 'abdominal stretch while licking his hand and spanking ass to the New Day Rocks chant' spot? Can't imagine that would have gone down well.

No, but Triple H did the "suck it" taunt...

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Did WWE do anything with the female roster this weekend? Don't begrudge the girls a weekend off while the company is busy selling out but it seems like a massive missed opportunity to do a women only special. Not only would it have done good business live and on the network but it would have sent a subtle message.

Not sure WWE want to be sending subtle messages while getting paid huge money. If the end goal is having women on the shows eventually then that is far more important than fucking it up at the first opportunity. Imagine the buzz if they can get women on the show in five-ten years time? 

• Paid Members

Amazing story (if hard to believe) on the Observer audio show today. Apparently the guy from the Saudi royal family who was doing the deal with WWE used to watch wrestling and said the three people he definitely wanted on the show were Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior and Yokozuna. WWE said Undertaker was no problem, they could probably find a bloke to do a sumo gimmick, but Warrior might be tricky.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, JNLister said:

the three people he definitely wanted on the show were Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior and Yokozuna.

Did Saudi Arabia last get WWF programming in 1996, or did he only open his WWF Encyclopaedia on the last page?

• Paid Members

No way that can be true! Big Dave has been sold a kipper there surely. Fucking Yokozuna!

That said, it's the only explanation I have seen out there as to why some Japanese sumo guy was included in the Rumble. I haven't seen a plausible reason yet. At least some people knew who Akebono was.

• Paid Members

It could be something as simple as that the royal in question attended a Western university (the Saudi royal family donate huge sums of money to Oxford, for example), and it was during their time in the West they first saw the WWF, then returned to Saudi Arabia and never saw it again.

9 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

He apparently also asked for "the guy with the crown" and "the guy with the black hat" to be part of the show too. Hence why King and JR were on the panel.

Clearly meant these two

image007

i enjoyed the rumble but kept getting pissed off everytime an NXT or 205 Live wrestler came out, as there was like 40 of them! 

I know they wouldn't necessarily use guys that were already in matches like AJ, HHH, Undertaker, Cena, Nakamura etc. but it would have been nice to have more big names than there was. I'm sure the Saudi's would have enjoyed it a bit more then too. But it would have been nice with a few others that weren't there too like surprise entrants, HBK, Christian, Big Show, Kane, Rikishi etc.

• Paid Members

Then you would've been on here moaning that they wasted HBK's big comeback on a throwaway Rumble match.

I've not seen Raw yet, so not sure of the direction they're going in, but I'm 99% certain that Braun winning here isn't a case of Vince realising he's the man over Reigns. If anything, this is just a consolation victory/belt while they continue the Reigns/Lesnar story.

Archived