So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Then you would've been on here moaning that they wasted HBK's big comeback on a throwaway Rumble match.

I've not seen Raw yet, so not sure of the direction they're going in, but I'm 99% certain that Braun winning here isn't a case of Vince realising he's the man over Reigns. If anything, this is just a consolation victory/belt while they continue the Reigns/Lesnar story.

i wouldn't moan about them throwing away his big comeback, because it wouldn't be a comeback, it'd be a legend appearance, same as Diesel, Booker T, Jerry lawler etc. has done, It would just be nice to have had more big names really. 

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was genuinely expecting Lawler to rock up in the Rumble. When he was on the preshow he was showing significant chest under his suit jacket so I was crossing my fingers he'd got his ring gear on underneath to save faffing about changing between the panel and the match. Turns out our Jerry just likes to go shirtless under his jackets.

19 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I was genuinely expecting Lawler to rock up in the Rumble. When he was on the preshow he was showing significant chest under his suit jacket so I was crossing my fingers he'd got his ring gear on underneath to save faffing about changing between the panel and the match. Turns out our Jerry just likes to go shirtless under his jackets.

Ah that reminds me of one of my favourite ever Booker T calls back in 2011 (2012?).

"YOU NEVER TOLD ME YOU WUZ IN THE RUMBLE KEEENG!?"

I was quite surprised they didn't have anyone doing double duty. I honestly thought they were going to put at least one of the Saudi guys in it. Maybe even getting an elimination to give him his moment. Sure, they padded it out in places. But it's quite impressive they pulled it off. Combined with everyone else. They had a total of 83 workers on that show. I'll count the Saudis as they did get some moves in on the Daivaris.

5 hours ago, big7thletter said:

i wouldn't moan about them throwing away his big comeback, because it wouldn't be a comeback, it'd be a legend appearance, same as Diesel, Booker T, Jerry lawler etc. has done, It would just be nice to have had more big names really. 

If WWE's goal was to stop people moaning on the Internet, having Shawn Michaels' first match in eight years be as a Rumble entrant on a show like this would be a terrible way to achieve that.

• Paid Members

I liked the story Cliff Compton told about Nigeria. Since they only had Smackdown from 2005 over there, the promoters told Luke Gallows "we want Undertaker, Batista and Hulk Hogan to come over." Probably thinking it was like the Premier League and you can get Carlos Tevez on loan if you pay his wages in full. So instead of the Dead Man, Big Dave and the Hulkster, they got Domino, Festus and Big Daddy V.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Ariya Daivari has posted on Twitter that he has apparently been receiving death threats over his segment he and his brother did on the show with the Saudi trainees.

Balls, better cancel the LA Coliseum.

• Paid Members

That's hardly surprising, I'd imagine they've received loads- which is terrible in itself and I don't think it was wise for WWE to run the angle either. But Vince has to have the political angle for the cheap heat doesn't he?

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Ariya Daivari has posted on Twitter that he has apparently been receiving death threats over his segment he and his brother did on the show with the Saudi trainees.

It's still real to the Saudis, dammit!

Random thought just occurred to me. What with the revelation that Sami Zayn has been as a heel. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he could eventually have a run with one of the Top Tier titles. Or at least be prominent in the programmes.

With these shows ongoing: does it mean Sami Zayn will never be WWE champion as they'll always want the champion on these shows?

1 hour ago, Wrasslin said:

Random thought just occurred to me. What with the revelation that Sami Zayn has been as a heel. I don't think it's ridiculous to say he could eventually have a run with one of the Top Tier titles. Or at least be prominent in the programmes.

With these shows ongoing: does it mean Sami Zayn will never be WWE champion as they'll always want the champion on these shows?

Is it to simple to just say he can be champion during any of the other 11 months of the year or have I missed something and these shows are going to be done more then once a year?

2 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

Is it to simple to just say he can be champion during any of the other 11 months of the year or have I missed something and these shows are going to be done more then once a year?

There are meant to be going back in November.

And that's the thing. If it's inconsistent would they bother to work a title reign around the calendar like that?

Also would having him as Champion at all sour the relationship with the Saudis?

Seems a shame if he ends up with a ceiling imposed through something that is no fault of his own.

Archived