So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

So how do you reckon this Rumble match will go with 50 fuckers in it? Think there'll be any bother booking it to flow nicely, have story-lines and big significant spots through it, or just be more akin to most battle royales?

Was wondering this mesen. Could see them starting the match with 20 guys already in the ring like a battle royale, then do 30 individual entrants from there.

41 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Was wondering this mesen. Could see them starting the match with 20 guys already in the ring like a battle royale, then do 30 individual entrants from there.

I am sure they said during one of the many promos for the show on Raw, that it would start with 2 wrestlers in the ring.

They have only announced about 20 of the entrants as of Smackdown as well. You would have thought that they could have at least had an idea of most of the 50 by now.

• Paid Members

There's still 26 to be announced apparently.

Confirmed lineup so far is;

WWE's updated confirmed list for the Rumble match now looks like this: SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon, RAW General Manager Kurt Angle, Daniel Bryan, Braun Strowman, Mark Henry, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali, Elias, Kevin Owens, Bobby Roode, Randy Orton, Baron Corbin, Big E, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Shelton Benjamin, Chad Gable, Sin Cara, Goldust, Mojo Rawley and Dolph Ziggler. There are 26 open spots for the match as of this writing.

Still plenty of people to flesh that out, but unless they pace this really well, there's going to be a lot of absolutely dead time.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'm not convinced there will be, not many anyway. I think they'll just give the likes of Mike Kanellis and R-Truth a run-out. They have plenty of talent at their disposal to fill a 50-man rumble. They're probably not naming everyone because I suppose what's the point of telling everyone that Primo Colon is going to be an entrant.

NXT lads would get a shit reaction probably anyway. Don't think there'll be many network subscribing smarks in the crowd that night

Anyone think there's double duty going to be pulled? I think with their being just a trophy on the line then it makes no difference who enters and that ups the star power somewhat. I think with the guys named in the other matches plus the guys named for the Rumble already, that takes it to around 50. Also throws the field wide open. 

• Paid Members

I'd be amazed if there's not double duty pulled - I'd say pretty much everyone bar Reigns and Lesnar, and possibly Triple, Cena and Undertaker, will be working twice. It's one thing to fly in Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho et al to bolster the ranks, but when it comes to making up the numbers, and the option is having Sheamus work twice in one night or paying flights, hotel, etc. for Primo?

Archived