So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at this card, it wouldn't surprise me if the conversation Vince had with the money man when he arrived in Saudi went like this;

Vince: So, you're looking for a wrestling show? We can do that.

Saudi fella: Yes, that's what we want. But here's the thing, my son plays the video game on his Playstation, and has written up a load of matches that we want to see.

*Hands Vince a note as Vince puts on glasses*

Vince: Okay, let's see. Mmmm hmmmm, yes. Reigns, Cena, Lesnar, steel cage, royal rumble match, okay we can work with that.

Saudi Fella: Also, he wants Undertaker. 

Vince: Okay, I'll need to make a call to Michelle and see if that's gonna work, but it's doable.

Saudi Fella: And Mysterio. He wants Mysterio.

Vince: Okay, I can call wherever he's working in Mexico and sort that out.

Saudi Fella: And Henry. He saw Mark Henry at the HOF and cried because he said he'd retired. I don't like my son crying, we want Henry unretired.

Vince: Oh, okay. Sure thing, I'll call him too.

Saudi Fella: Okay, so we want the stage set up like Wrestlemania and we want a Royal Rumble match. Not 30, but 50 men. Oh, and throw that big Indian in as well. And every title is to be defended.

Vince: Christ, okay. 

Saudi Fella: I'll let you know who should win on the night. And no women, obviously.

Vince: Obviously.

Saudi Fella: We have a deal.

It's absolutely insane.

• Paid Members

Shame there's going to be no women in the big Rumble, I was looking forward to the dramatic stare down between three Undertakers in slightly different costumes being interrupted by Ho.

Do we reckon the Saudi's will have any say in who is winning the matches then? Or at least the Rumble itself, I see it says some Saudi tryouts will be entering - as the prize is only a trophy and not a title shot as expected could it be that a Saudi will win it?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Less than a benchwarmer at Man City. 

Misread this as a shout for the Rumble. Wouldn't be the weirdest prediction ever based on the annual (proper) Rumble sweepstake thread. But then, on No Mercy I once had Agent Smith and David Beckham double teaming Andre so....

Don't know where I was going there to be honest except that after the Ho post I'm really in the "No Mercy was amazing" mood.

Quote from HHH re: No women on the card:

“I understand that people are questioning it, but you have to understand that every culture is different and just because you don’t agree with a certain aspect of it, it doesn’t mean it’s not a relevant culture"

“While right now, women are not competing in the event, we have had discussions about that and we believe and hope that in the next few years they will be.That is a significant cultural shift in Saudi Arabia"

Archived