So, this mental Saudi event coming up...

David

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes me feel like such a prick for having booked the afternoon off on Friday to watch this with a cold beer...

Though, in keeping with the theme, i'm watching this on the TV in the front room and the missus really doesn't have a choice in the matter. I'm the Greatest Daz.

But, seriously... such a prick.

Something I'm wondering. How is WWE presented in Saudi? Do they get the regular programming? Or is it an edited to fuck version like India used to get which made Great Khali look like Hulk Hogan?

Do they actually know who all these people are and the plot lines behind them?

• Paid Members

They presumably get Wal3ooha, which is WWE's Middle Eastern programming.

From what I can gather, it's a half hour highlight show, with in-studio hosts, though still uses English commentary for the actual matches. I don't think there's anything as heavily edited as making Khali look like the biggest star on the show, but obviously they're going to be selective about what makes the cut.

47 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Something I'm wondering. How is WWE presented in Saudi? Do they get the regular programming? Or is it an edited to fuck version like India used to get which made Great Khali look like Hulk Hogan?

Do they actually know who all these people are and the plot lines behind them?

I'm not sure if they edit out the women's matches maybe? There's no women on this event.

1 hour ago, Wrasslin said:

So if it's a half hour catch up a lot of people are never making that show. A big chunk of that Royal Rumble will get the "Who?" treatment surely. 

They do have the internet there.

I only watch a one hour version of Raw every few weeks on actual TV, but thanks to the internet, I know who everyone on the roster is.

One internet wrestling nerd from a western country is hardly indicative of the behavior 50,000 people in an eastern country where a western product isn't enormously prominent outside of a half hour catch up show.

Otherwise PWG might as well nip over there and do a show.

• Paid Members

Saudi Arabia and WWE seem a perfect fit really. Finally a country where Vince can be a cunt to women and minorities and not get any bad press for it. So much for this Women's Revolution? "Stay at old ladies."

I was reading somewhere that the deal was so good for WWE that Vince himself jumped on his jet on no notice to go and sign the deal himself. 1985 Vince, that would have been a piece of piss. But he likes to sleep in these days. Takes a lot to get him to fly to another country out of the blue. So the money must be unreal.

14 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

But he likes to sleep in these days

He has a few hours kip on one of his non designated sleep days?  Yeah, that cheddar from Jeddah must be enough for him to finally be able to buy Newcastle United.

Just checked...one hour preshow, and FIVE hour event...

Ten match card as far as I can tell

50 man Rumble

Rollins, Balor, Joe, Miz, Ladder Match for IC Title

Styles vs Nakamura for the WWE Championship

Jeff Hardy vs Jinder (US title)

Hardy and Wyatt vs The Bar (Raw Tag tourney final)

Bludgeon Brothers vs Usos (SD Tag Titles)

Cedric Alexander vs TBD (205 Live Title)

Cena vs HHH

Taker vs Rusev (Casket Match)

I'm guessing at least one title will change hands

Archived