Raw is 25!

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That show was the very definition of being let-down. A colossal waste of time, that they built up and excited a lot of people for, drew probably their most eyeballs to televisions in a long ass time (and probably a hell of a gate too) and then 95% of the segments were either totally pointless or bad. 

I was hoping I wouldn't be the only one thinking this, feeling that if I was, then I would obviously be way more jaded than I thought. As I can see by the response on here, i'm not the only one thinking it though, and that was such a big missed opportunity for WWE. The fucking ROYAL RUMBLE is this weekend, and hardly any cunt on the roster has a care in the world about winning it on Sunday. They could have done the simplest thing in the world, like others have mentioned, of an old timers battle royal, and put a place in the Rumble up for grabs. That would have been one way to get a load of these people on the show for cameos, without having to devote 16,734 segments to an APA poker game, that didn't even have the hook of the female Benjamin Button, Torrie Wilson, turning up to do the Trish Stratus spot from 18 years ago. 

WWE had a chance to draw people back with nostalgia, and try to make them interested in the new crew, and encourage them to stay for The Royal Rumble this weekend. Instead, they managed to somehow put on the most boring of the "Big" episodes of Raw they've ever had, and now they are trying to entice people back to the Network, with 3 months for $1.99. That's during the time of the year that people would be more likely than any other, to pay MORE for their subscription service. 

Well, that was shite.

In hindsight, they should have binned off the Manhattan Center idea. Just do it from the Barclays, or better yet, MSG. Maybe they could have just done it all in The Manhattan Center but that is what they should have used for those Old School Raw episodes. They booked far too many guys n girls for a 3 hour TV show that wouldn't revolve around them. They needed to cut the shite out and stick with people that were actually the stars of the show. The pop for Austin showed what could have been, but even that segment was convoluted and a rehash. Everything from there on was a waste of everybodies time, including the viewer.

Also, I dont care about DX and I never did. I cant stand looking at them as if the world hasnt changed around them in 20 years. I dont care that they are tenuously linked to the Bullet Club because they nicked the Kliqs hand thing and I dont care about glow sticks that were never around when they mattered. Obviously im in the minority though.

Fair to say I dont think they'll be using this format again.

• Paid Members

Assuming Rousey is coming in and there’s a good chance she wins the Rumble, I wonder if they can make a deal with the UFC to get some clips of her back when she was killing everyone. Combined with clips of Asuka in NXT, I bet they could make an incredible video package to build to a match at Wrestlemania. 

I cant remember - have they ever used clips of Brock in the UFC on WWE TV? 

The show really could have done with one or two big angles and then the naff filler would have been fine. 

I was certain while watching Vince was going to retire when he was talking about smelling the roses. Would have been perfect. They could have still had Austin come out and stunned him after for old times sake.

Balor Club should have kicked the shit out of DX too. That would have been a great ending

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Assuming Rousey is coming in and there’s a good chance she wins the Rumble, I wonder if they can make a deal with the UFC to get some clips of her back when she was killing everyone. Combined with clips of Asuka in NXT, I bet they could make an incredible video package to build to a match at Wrestlemania. 

I cant remember - have they ever used clips of Brock in the UFC on WWE TV? 

They've used them on their Youtube for certain, in the build to his fight at UFC 200 with Mark Hunt.

Caught snippets of the show through Youtube. The formatting and context of the show is so horrendously odd. Saw a great point made on another forum that the reason Austin comes off as such a star compared to the rest of the roster (tonight at least) is mainly down to what they let him do. He comes down, beats up the boss and his son and then leaves to a big pop. There isn't a single person on the roster that could ever be important enough to do this, and the booking of Austin being the guy completely backs this up. There's no reason for anyone to assume that any member of the current roster is a star because everything WWE showcases to them goes completely against that. 

Such a night and day difference to the excellent RAW 1000 show. You felt as though the nostalgia acts had genuine purpose and reason to show up, opposed to the rushed shoehorning of "right, there's Boogeyman, right, now it's going to be Kelly Kelly" - there were far more interesting ways of having them spread throughout the show that didn't base around poorly written backstage angles of zero consequence. 

I like the Miz, but fucking hell please give him something else to do after he drops the IC title. I get they're pushing the idea that it's his title so to speak, but apart from the Cena stuff at Mania it's difficult to think of a time where he hasn't been either defending, or challenging for that championship.

Archived