Raw is 25!

HarmonicGenerator

50 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Can see it coming back to bite them on the arse as it would be a PR nightmare if they were inundated with refund requests...

On what grounds? They delivered a show as advertised. Whether the fans liked it or not is irrelevant. You can't watch something beginning to end then ask for your money back because you didn't enjoy it

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

On what grounds? They delivered a show as advertised. Whether the fans liked it or not is irrelevant. You can't watch something beginning to end then ask for your money back because you didn't enjoy it

Depends what the show was advertised as? If it was advertised as a full night of action packed wrestling, and they only got a few matches and throw away promo's then it could be argued that the tickets were mis-sold. But then I suppose the promotion can just point to the "Card Subject To Change" bit.

It was just a fleeting thought really...

Other point that annoyed me about the show - remember in December 97 when Steve Austin (who is the biggest draw in company history by the way) told them it wasn't a good idea to have him lose the IC Title in the ring to a midcard guy when he was going to carry the company for WrestleMania and beyond? Here we have Roman Reigns (struggling to get over as intended for years now), soon to be dethroning Brock Lesnar, possibly winning the Royal Rumble, losing to the Miz. I don't care that an exposed turnbuckle was involved, it's stuff like this that means people aren't stars.

I don't want to quote to give it further attention but whoever mentioned someones odds for the Rumble, that's basically spoilers man. I'd rather have not read that.

On RAW, it was a bit of a mess and the performances of some were lacklustre. HBK was all over the joint mainly.

I have no what The Undertaker actually said. I took it as confirmation of a retirement only for JR to say, "was that a warning?".

Is cutting to commerical when Scott Hall was making his entrance the worst commercial break in the history of RAW?

Terrible show. I'm not even sure I can think of any positives. Maybe Elias and the opening but after that you are scratching to find anything of worth. And to think I stayed up to watch this live.

It all felt really flat. I'm not sure if anyone saw the pre-show but the crowd looked piping hot in both arenas and seemed deflated by the end of the first half hour on both. 

I don't mind the old stars coming back but it just felt underwhelming, Austin not doing a promo, no real entrances as such either. No Pyros (at the start) which is what Raw was all about. No shocks or twists in what surely on paper is a show everyone will be tuning in to watch, this was a good opportunity to try something different to try and attract interest again. 

I'm not even sure what those in Manhattan paid to see? A few promos and two matches? Brooklyn hardly had it better though. It came across like no one could be bothered. 

Finally, only two months ago you had Raw/Smackdown invading, beating each other etc and here they are all happily getting along as if nothing ever happened. 

13 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Finally, only two months ago you had Raw/Smackdown invading, beating each other etc and here they are all happily getting along as if nothing ever happened. 

Surely you are not surprised by that? It will be the same until the start of November next year when they remember they hate each other again.

14 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I'm not even sure what those in Manhattan paid to see? A few promos and two matches? Brooklyn hardly had it better though. It came across like no one could be bothered. 

They did get some other stuff involving cruiserweights, and a couple of in ring appearances from the likes of Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair etc that didn't air on TV, but yeah, what a letdown for those in attendance.

1 minute ago, The King of Old School said:

Surely you are not surprised by that? It will be the same until the start of November next year when they remember they hate each other again.

I'm not surprised as this is WWE, but just further shows how terrible the product is. 

I don't know what I was expecting from Raw but it certainly wasn't this. 

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

Depends what the show was advertised as? If it was advertised as a full night of action packed wrestling, and they only got a few matches and throw away promo's then it could be argued that the tickets were mis-sold. But then I suppose the promotion can just point to the "Card Subject To Change" bit.

It was just a fleeting thought really...

There were 4 (not 6) matches, although none were very long, and appearances from Triple H, HBK, Outlaws, X-Pac, Hall, Undertaker, Flair, Rollins, Miz, Jeff Hardy.  Might not have been a great live experience, and more of the current roster appearing in matches would have been better, but I can't imagine there's much they'd be able to moan about.  If you're stupid enough to pay $800 for a ticket to Raw, then, well I dunno.  Cheapest tickets were $78 I think.

EDIT - Sorry I thought Main Event had been recorded at Manhattan Center, but it was recorded at Barclays Center.  So 5 matches at Brooklyn and only 4 at Manhattan.  Pretty poor for the fans in the crowd.

1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Very pleased to hear the Manhattan Centre portion of the show sucked, purely because of those "super fan" cranks (Frank the Clown, Brock Lesnar shirt guy) attending it and whining on Twitter about how much they paid to get in.

Brock Lesnar guy gets pretty much what he wants anyway as he plays on the fact WWE use him in videos so he will get free ringside seats for another event. If anything its probably easier for WWE to handle the Superfans as they know that offering them free tickets will just please them and keep them quiet. 

I was looking at doing New York this month last year and was thinking of going to Raw 25 but because there were two shows I knew I would probably pick the wrong one (although think I have done well to avoid both and postpone our trip). I'm sure back then it was sold as a celebration but the likes of Goldberg etc were mentioned. I don't recall any matches being announced/mentioned for the Manhattan show, more a list of superstars from the past being in attendance. 

I thought they were going to do something like the first hour from the Barclays, second hour from Manhattan & 3rd hour being a combination of both, that may have been a bit better. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Brock Lesnar guy gets pretty much what he wants anyway as he plays on the fact WWE use him in videos so he will get free ringside seats for another event.

Who would he get free ringside seats from?

3 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Who would he get free ringside seats from?

WWE. I think I mentioned this before but at WrestleMania 32 he was given permission to use the disabled queue at Axxess because in his view he was being pestered by fans so they made an allowance for it so he knows how the play the system. I doubt he gets free tickets to all events but I know he does get some perks from WWE when he plays the right cards. He feels the WWE has made his life difficult and because of them he can't live a simple life without being bothered by WWE fans so is well known to play on it. 

So underwhelming. The show did little to advance storylines when they could have used some of the legends to do so.

It was more of a case of, oh, they used to be on Raw. I actually enjoyed the Pre-Show more, but then that is typical with WWE at the moment, the bulid isnt bad but the actual event doesnt deliver.

The Undertaker bit just left me confused, is he coming back, is he retiring, maybe that is what they wanted.

And what was the Bullet Club stuff about, they havent really used that angle in WWE yet dragged out the poor version of the NWO (Not D-X).

It is no wonder that I stick to watching old content from Mid-South, WCCW and Mid-Atlatic on the WWE Network.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

WWE.

Not sure this is the case, he's said before he isn't a plant and that he's lucky with tickets. Bruce Prichard has said on a number of occasions when asked about Vlad and all the other regular WWF fans during the 90s that they never got free tickets or special dispensation. The boys in the office always asked the same question as to how they managed to get good tickets all the time and how they managed to afford it. I'd say this guy is no different. He's just a super fan that spends an insane amount of money going to as many shows as he can.

Archived