Raw is 25!

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wonder whether they'll trot out all the old themes. Across The Nation by Union Underground is a great tune. 

12 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether they'll trot out all the old themes. Across The Nation by Union Underground is a great tune. 

Coincidentally WWE have made a Raw intro in that era's style with the current roster. Not bad.

• Awards Moderator

That's ace.

Looking forward to this, even if 60% of it will be stuff we've had rammed down our throats in every Best Of compilation. My hope is that they'll have the massive freestanding RAW letters at the Manhattan Centre only for Strowman to batter someone with them.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Coincidentally WWE have made a Raw intro in that era's style with the current roster. Not bad.

That's brilliant.

So with the fun and games beginning in little over an hour starting with the pre show, what does everyone want to see from the show? Me personally, I'm hoping for a legend's battle royal or some sort of match involving the legends at the Manhattan with Fink doing all the ring announcing from there and have Lillian Garcia do the announcing at the Barclay's, giving Jojo the night off. Also expecting Miz to win the IC title via accidental interference from Jordan (then have Roman beat the crap out of JJ with Seth not bothering to stop it)

• Paid Members

Considering the build up and hype surrounding this show, it's got to be considered a huge disappointment. Fuck all happened. No storylines. No surprises. No fun interactions. It was just one guy after another showing their face and doing nothing of note. Seriously, imagine if someone said to you ahead of time that the best thing on the show was going to be Elias. You'd never have believed them, but that's exactly what happened. Fair play to Elias. Even though it's obvious he's only been put into this spot as a substitute for Samoa Joe, he still came across great telling Cena to shut the fuck up. For the first in forever he looked to show some genuine potential.

Imagine paying over 800 dollars to be in the Manhattan Centre. LOL.

Torrie Wilson looked better than anyone they have on their current roster.

• Paid Members

I'm starting to wonder on the outside chance of Balor winning the Rumble? Does he specifically have to challenge for the RAW belt if he wins, or can he head over to SmackDown? They could have easily done the whole DX and The Revival thing without giving him the last word so to speak, they seem to be investing in him again for sure.

EDIT: That being said, Dolph Ziggler is down as one of the favourites to win the rumble with cracking odds at present, so really anything could happen.

• Paid Members

If they really wanted to make something of  Balor then him and his mates would’ve attacked DX tonight and turned heel. That would’ve been awesome. Instead we got smiley Finn marking out with the old guys.

It was soooo lazy. Sure they didn't have to prepare detailed segs for everyone, but as said above it was just a bunch of entrances we've seen before along with promos of nothingness. When they started introducing DX almost one by one, fucking hell, no need. Undertaker - what was the point? My favourite bit was Torrie Wilson.

• Paid Members

I more I think about it, the worse this show seems. I could have stomached them wasting all the returning stars if it meant they used the time to better promote Sunday’s pay per view, but they didn’t do that at all. It was three hours of shit, lazy cameos, then a final segment where they literally had to sprint through it in order to get everything in before the show went off the air. D-Von Dudley with tits. Chris Jericho coming off the best run of his career for a 15 second backstage skit. The Undertaker saying nothing whatsoever. The Revival losing in about two minutes. This show was garbage. Maybe the worst go-home show for any Royal Rumble of the last decade, if not more.

No wonder Lawler and Ross fell asleep.

DUMduSbXcAImUhq?format=jpg

Archived