Raw is 25!

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

At the risk of again being accused of giving WWE too much credit for storyline continuity, wonder if they might do something with MVP & Hawkins, as they did the losing streak gimmick with MVP too.

MVP was this week announced on indie shows over here next month, so doubt he’s going back. 

He got into football through one of his guards in prison  I believe 

So have they announced the format of this show yet? There’s so many people down as appearing it feels like a 3 hour show won’t be long enough, but that’s all the TV time they’ve got, and the pre show - so I guess the show at the Manhattan centre we’ll get highlights from? And then the main show will be at the arena, because they surely can’t show two different shows live with only a 3 hour window

Wasn't it allready annunced 1st hour is from Manhattan and the final 2 hours from Brooklyn or did I imagaine that?

Presumably the pre show will be from Manhattan making it 2 hours at each. With Barclays getting any off air post show stuff I assume will happen.

27 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

No it doesn't. They've done loads of Raws from there. How many Raws have they ever done from two arenas on the same night?

My point is they haven’t been back there in 21 years, it’s fairly iconic as the building where Raw began and I feel it’s extremely special to be going back there. Barclays Center, however, is the sort of venue they run every week and I feel dedicating half of the show to the usual format takes away some of the shine.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

No it doesn't. They've done loads of Raws from there. How many Raws have they ever done from two arenas on the same night?

That crap one where half the show came from South Africa and they put on Ahmed Johnson v Crush for the main event. That should have been the end of the war right there.

54 minutes ago, AVM said:

My point is they haven’t been back there in 21 years, it’s fairly iconic as the building where Raw began and I feel it’s extremely special to be going back there. Barclays Center, however, is the sort of venue they run every week and I feel dedicating half of the show to the usual format takes away some of the shine.

They can't just do "hey here's the old days lol" nostalgia stuff though. I'm confident that they'd love to just show DX driving to WCW and Austin pouring cement into Vince's car on a loop for three hours, but they have to mix in today's stuff as well. It's 25 years of Raw, not Raw 25 Years Ago. The Manhattan Center is where it started out, and the Barclays set is showing how much it's grown. That contrast wouldn't work as well if they were only in one or the other.

Archived