Raw is 25!

HarmonicGenerator

A couple of moments from the early Raws stick out, first is the Loser Leaves WWE match from I think the 2nd or 3rd episode between Mr Perfect and Ric Flair to cover for Naitch heading back to WCW, Bobby Heenan's final TV appearance in WWE for 8 years, fittingly getting thrown out of Raw by Gorilla Monsoon and the belting WWE title match between Bret Hart and the 123 Kid in 1994 with Gorilla and JR on commentary

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You can call it... justice; you can call him vicious; you can call him psycho... but I call him: SIIIIID!"

"EVERYBODY'S ASKIN': WHO OPENED THE GATES OF HELL, AND LET THIS MAN OUT?!"

I'm not sure which came first but either Marty winning the IC title or Perfect beating Flair are my first memories.

We cancelled sky in 95 and didn't get it back until late 99 so I missed out on a large portion of the attitude era Raws, although I did lend the PPVs from a lad in school.Ā 

The Radicalz debut andĀ Jericho winning the title from HHH in 2000 only to have it reversed later on instantly spring to mind.

Ā 

Ā 

In no particular order, off the top of my head (someĀ have already been mentioned):

Austin Appreciation Night
- The milk truck
- Chavo Guerrero, Raven, Stephanie McMahon etc butchering Wind Beneath My Ring
- Austin's face on the Titantron being used as the karaoke pointer
- JR on Debra's cookies: "Austin truly is the toughest S.O.B in the WWF if he manages to eat one of those bricks."
- "The question has finally been answered. Who betta than Kanyon? It's you, Austin...it's you."

The Hurricane beating The Rock during their mini-feud

The CM Punk / Vince McMahon contract negotiation: "First thing - I want you to bring back the WWE ice cream bars."

Paul Heyman: "This Invasion...just got taken...to the Extreme!"

Confederate R-Truth

Triple H: "Kane...you are a MURHHDUHRRERRRR!" (and the whole Roulette episode obviously)

Ric Flair: "THE CONSORTIUM WAS MEEE!"

Brock Lesnar's return

Warrior's final speech

Edge vowing not to "Billy Gunn" the King of the Ring title

Jericho beating Triple H for the title

Vince's limo explosion

Mark Henry's "retirement" speech!

Ā 

That'll do for now. What a show. Sometimes.

Iron Mike turning up on Raw

X-Pac coming in and the reformation of DX 2.0Ā 

The Nexus invasion

ECW invading Raw

Cornys shoot on WCW

The simulcast with WCW Nitro

Bischoff coming in

The fake Razor/Diesel reveal

JBL being beat up in Brawl for All

Shawn's lost my smile promo

Bobby being ushered out by Gorilla on his last night

Bobby trying to get in the first Raw

Kid beating Razor

Punks pipe bomb promo

The nWo showing up in WWE

Warriors last promo

The D-Bry occupied Raw

This is your Life

Dr Austin

The milk truck

The beer truck

Steph on Takers crossĀ 

Stephen and Hunters wedding

DX invading Nitro

Santino winning the IC belt

Festival of friendship

Ric Flair turning up and rebuilding his career

Raw is Owen

Eddie tribute

Debut of Y2J

Mankind's title win

If I think of anymore I'll add them

• Paid Members

Lots of good stuff mentioned here. My vote goes to Jericho's debut.Ā 

It happened during the peak of my fandom and Smarkiness. The whole setup was superb, the countdown and music were just all on point.Ā 

The roar of the crowd when 'JERICHO' pops up on the Titantron is one of my favourite reactions ever. I done lost my shit watching it and damn near wore the VHS out replaying it countless times after.Ā 

Watching Jericho vs omega yesterday , made me think about how wcw dying killed big nights like that, when one big star went from one show to another and it mattered. Lugar on nitro, bret to wcw, xpac on raw, big show,Jericho,Ā Ā radicalz on raw. Fantasy matches coming to life after wondering ā€œwhat ifā€ for years as guys where under deals. Meant we lost not only those moments, but the freshness that comes from people changing shows. They donā€™t show enough restraint with raw/ smackdown splits to even get closeĀ 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Silky Kisser said:

The roar of the crowd when 'JERICHO' pops up on the Titantron is one of my favourite reactions ever. I done lost my shit watching it and damn near wore the VHS out replaying it countless times after.Ā 

This.
I rewound that moment when it first happened so much that the tracking on my VHS started poxing up. That roar from the crowd when Jericho pops up still gives me goosebumps to this day, so can you imagine what it did to Jericho, who is a very big fan of himself.

One of my favourite moments in wrestling in general was the debut of DDP on RAW, a similar kind of pop to Jericho that still gets me pumped up today. It was brilliantly done and deserves a place on the list if you forget about the consequent storyline..

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Didn't DDP debut at King of The Ring?

Flair losing to Perfect is way up there as one of my favourite Raw moments. The Brain going nuts after the bell only added to the match.

Edit.

Think I misread Merz's post. I don't recall his first Raw appearance to be honest.

Ā 

Archived