Raw is 25!

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Oh God, that speech was dreadful - it's a fascinating bit of Vince McMahon too, in that I really couldn't tell you whether he's just so egotistical that he thought he would be hilarious, if he's used to yes-men laughing at all his jokes so assumes he's hilarious, or if he just doesn't give a shit so long as he's amusing himself.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I remember comedian and former WWF writer Partice O'Neal saying one of two times he lost his "manliness" was when he was around Vince. If you have followed Partice O'Neal you'll know he was never one to sit back and let another alpha him out of a group, but Vince's aura turned him into a sycophant. It's pretty common knowledge a lot of the writers spend the time trying to appease the king at the head of the table, so I can imagine they nervously yuck yuck away,

Thing is, Vince can be very funny; he's a tremendous physical performer, when he's hamming it up. Delivering lines, though, yikes.

• Paid Members

Started watching that top 100 countdown on the Network. First three all remind me of how shit the commentary has been the past 15 years.

#100 (Hugh Jackman) has heel Michael Cole. Which still makes fuck all sense.

#99 (Tyson) has Cole in horrible fake hilarity mode pretending DX and Hornswoggle aren't fucking hideous.

#98 (Santino debut) has JR screaming about what a surprise it is which just leaves me cold. Never did really love this. The crowd eat it up far more than o remembered but it's too much of a fluke. Plus Lashley is always shite. 

#97 is the Big Show/Mayweather weigh in. That's great. Last heel in WWE as over as Mayweather?

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, PSF said:

Where is the top 100 located on the Network? Tried looking a couple of time and can I buggery find it.

It's in the collections.

#96 Kurt Angle's return as GM. Obviously need to squeeze some recent stuff in and this was a nice moment. I actually spoilered a couple of 2017 moments that are coming quite high up the list so I'd say this should comfortably be higher.

#95 Stephanie McMahon pretends she's pregnant to force Trips to renew their wedding vows. Fucking terrible stuff. Everything between HHH's return at MSG and him losing the title to Hogan in 2002 should be burned.

In prepping a show next week for SCG, I put together a list of 150 moments/matches for consideration for a top 25 vote. This is way, way harder than I thought, and there's probably stuff missing that could be considered. But put it this way - the DX invasion of WCW and HHH/Steph divorce are not on the list.

The difference between a Rock and a Jericho is that a Rock can come up with a memorable catchphrase off the cuff in the middle of a promo but a Jericho spends about a week racking his brains trying to come up with one.

It feels like 5 minutes since Jericho was around. I wish WWE would say thanks but no thanks and just give more screen time to the lads who haven't been around in a while, like Undertaker, Nash and Michaels.

They have enough carthorses like Ziggler and Zayn around who they can give the Jericho spots too. 

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but that Taker/Hardy ladder match is one of my all time favourite matches for numerous reasons mentioned before. Great story telling and did wonders for Jeff Hardy.

Another ladder match from RAW that stands out for me is the Miz vs Lawler title match. I love it when they actually make you think the impossible can actually happen. It's not like that anymore, everyone beats everyone and it very rarely seems like there are any underdogs no days. 

7 hours ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

The difference between a Rock and a Jericho is that a Rock can come up with a memorable catchphrase off the cuff in the middle of a promo but a Jericho spends about a week racking his brains trying to come up with one.

It feels like 5 minutes since Jericho was around. I wish WWE would say thanks but no thanks and just give more screen time to the lads who haven't been around in a while, like Undertaker, Nash and Michaels.

They have enough carthorses like Ziggler and Zayn around who they can give the Jericho spots too. 

You mean the Chris Jericho who was arguably the most entertaining guy on TV during his last run and got "The List" over as anything can be in the modern climate? Also the guy who's more over with the "smart fan" and casual fan than pretty much anyone in the company right now?

But yeah you're right. Let's have more Ziggler on TV.

• Paid Members

Not to mention the Jericho that just got a hell of a buzz around a different company just by showing up, then exceeded pretty much everybody's expectations with one of the best matches he's had in a decade? Yeah, can't see why you'd want to book him.

Archived