Vince McMahon forms and funds Alpha Entertainment: Possible XFL Revival

zep81

• 3 months later...

I think this season might do not bad - they seem to have learned from their mistakes - first of all having a limited schedule and teams.Ā 
Ā 

The main difference is opting for Saturday and Sunday game days with only two games per day. So the viewing isnā€™t mega intense

Ā 

i can see them simply dipping their toe this season and expanding in future as opposed to to quick. The rule changes look interesting and their marketing during Super Bowl/playoffs was quite heavyĀ 

Ā 

I reckon theyā€™ve done the business the right way this time and really looking at the ā€œsportā€ aspect of it rather than trying to bring entertainment and glitz to football like they did the first time.

Ā 

looking forward to seeing it and glad we can watch it live in UK

• Paid Members

Iā€™m watching the first game. I gave to say the presentation has been very professional. Feels a bit more college football then NFL but not as loud or wacky as when it launched last time. Didnā€™t see the beginning so not sure if Vince addressed the crowd.Ā Ā 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Iā€™m watching the first game. I gave to say the presentation has been very professional. Feels a bit more college football then NFL but not as loud or wacky as when it launched last time. Didnā€™t see the beginning so not sure if Vince addressed the crowd.Ā Ā 

No sign of Vince, in fact only one brief mention of him and not a single one of WWE during the broadcast, IIRC.

The presentation style/look was very typical ESPN, albeit with the obvious XFL tweaks like going into the locker room at half time and the coach/player audio during the game. But yeah, clean & professional (in contrast to the second game, on now, in which Fox Sports' announcers sound like they are calling the game from inside a bucket).

*and as I say that, they've just fixed the sound.