Vince McMahon forms and funds Alpha Entertainment: Possible XFL Revival

zep81

• Paid Members

It was? I class myself as a fan of the game and I fell asleep whilst watching it. I'm not even sure what the final score was. I am a Bears fan though. Their poor performances recently has likely dented my interest in the game. What I did see of last nights game was intriguing. We did have an interesting dynamic with The Patriots chasing the game and the Eagles keeping them at bay. Plus there were some semi-interesting stories with a couple of Eagles players having been former Patriots. Overall, the game didn't capture my interest.

What does Vince see in creating a league. Can it ever be successful? Is he just mad or a genius?

• Paid Members

I am also a Bears fan @BigJag and normally I love me some defence, but a game that only had 1 punt. Where Nick Foles became the first QB to both pass and receive for a Super bowl touchdown, a game where Tom Brady passed for 505 yards and still lost, a game that had the most yards of any game in NFL history and yet still could have been decided with the last throw of the game. 

It was all the thing Vince wants the XFL to be, and he has no chance at all of matching last night's game. 

• Paid Members

When you describe like that it comes across as the greatest game ever. Unfortunately it sent me to sleep. A bit like a basketball game. It was certainly a very open game.

I saw a picture of Vince in gridiron pads this morning. From his days as a college student I believe. Is he a big fan of the game? Would he have been at the Superbowl?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Would he have been at the Superbowl?

That's got me wondering- does he attend anything outside of his worklife? I get the impression he is working Mon-Sun, 24 hours a day and then he will spend 2-3 days solid sleeping where he can.

• Paid Members

I can only assume not - you never hear of him being at any entertainment industry shindigs or political fundraisers, he's never shown on camera attending something like the Superbowl, and the only time I can think of him having been Paparazzi'd was that time he crashed his car and wandered off. For someone as famous and recognisable as him, you'd have to assume that's because he's never anywhere he's likely to be seen.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

I get the impression with Vince that he's happy with playing the videogame that is his life, and that he's still trying to get that ever-elusive cheevo of "Big Success Outside Wrestling" before he sees the Red Ring Of Death.