Vince McMahon forms and funds Alpha Entertainment: Possible XFL Revival

zep81

The most Vince thing ever would be doing this solely for the publicity that would come with having Colin Kaepernick as the lead QB.

I’d argue there’s a bigger market for a Summer league NFL competitor than ever before. I’m not sure Vince is the guy to do that, though.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’m not sure Vince is the guy to do that, though.

Indeed. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes last time, but that 30 for 30 XFL documentary exposed Vince as being a bit of a fool, with one bad idea leading to two more and so on.

Of course, maybe he buys Newcastle.

• Paid Members

Would Vince take on Kaepernick, someone his good buddy Trump has trashed publicly? I get he's such a carny it's a possibility, but he also knows what side his bread's buttered on.

Seems very likely it's a XFL reboot http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/16/is-the-xfl-coming-back/

At the end of the 30 for 30 there's a bit of a tease about Dick Ebersol and Vince working together again. NFL ratings are down 9% and struggling this season so I don't know if it's going to mean there's a place for an alternative or whether a relaunched XFL would tank even further. As its independent of WWE, couldn't Vince make it more edgy and TV-14 instead. But with the USFL and XFL there's two failed NFL competitors. I don't know how XFL 2.0 will fair any better than before but if Vince wants to go for it and NBC or whomever are on board then he should go for it. A Raiders type team in Oakland to step in when they move to Vegas would be a smart move as he could tap into that fan base.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Really Big Shoe said:

Seems very likely it's a XFL reboot http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/16/is-the-xfl-coming-back/

At the end of the 30 for 30 there's a bit of a tease about Dick Ebersol and Vince working together again. NFL ratings are down 9% and struggling this season so I don't know if it's going to mean there's a place for an alternative or whether a relaunched XFL would tank even further. As its independent of WWE, couldn't Vince make it more edgy and TV-14 instead. But with the USFL and XFL there's two failed NFL competitors. I don't know how XFL 2.0 will fair any better than before but if Vince wants to go for it and NBC or whomever are on board then he should go for it. A Raiders type team in Oakland to step in when they move to Vegas would be a smart move as he could tap into that fan base.

I think/hope Vince realises he cheapened his league significantly by trying to make it "edgy", which along with the sub-par product turned people off. If he doesn't learn from his mistakes then he's got absolutely no chance.

You imagine that 30 fro 30 and seeing Bob Costas and co scoff at Vince has been eating away at Vince since he saw the documentary.