Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, theringmaster said:

I actually think it looks pretty boring and a kind of rehash of Rogue One.

Which given it was the best Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back is no bad thing. 

• Paid Members
On 5/27/2022 at 10:29 AM, Onyx2 said:

KEEENOOOOOOBIIIII

Reveal hidden contents

Another fun TV show. Light on the fanwank thankfully though still hard to resist (Luke's toy speeder, oblique references to Sabine, Inquisitor guff) but Ewan totally nails it in every scene. Such a great presence. His interaction with the Jawa being told he stunk was my favourite.

Probably doesn't need a spoiler tag from this point on but it helps remind people this just... dropped.

At least their fans didn't have far too travel back...no, wait

Spoilers ahead:

I just don't get why they have to fight.. the entire episode could have avoided the fight scene and still been good.. instead it dilutes episode 4 and had some crappy visuals. Highlights included hammer wielding droid and a Quinlan Vos namedrop. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, their fight was completely pointless, I’m enjoying this but the eye roll moments are stacking up.  The two Leia chase scenes were painful and watching Vader let a droid carry Obi-Wan away when he was about 5ft in front of him was just daft, as was Reva beating Leia to the other end of the same tunnel without passing her. Small points but does take me away from it somewhat. 
Loved every minute on Daiyu, hope we see more of Haja and maybe even up back there at some point. 
I love how immersive these shows are compared to the movies, it’s all the little interactions with the side characters that really get you in to the “Universe”. 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

a Quinlan Vos namedrop. 

I confess I made a little happy noise when this happened - Quinlan survived! I loved that more than is reasonable.

Indira Varma was also a highlight, thought she was great.

Very surprised they did the Vader fighting so soon - I guess they’ll meet again, again. Not sure I like that. One previous meeting was already straining ANH continuity for me, but if they’ve fought each other multiple times? Hmm.

Also it’s seeming more likely the Grand Inquisitor is actually dead which doesn’t work for Rebels at all and that strikes me as very odd. Maybe he’s still going to turn up before the end. Weird.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:48 PM, stumobir said:

Reva beating Leia to the other end of the same tunnel without passing her. Small points but does take me away from it somewhat.

Even funnier when you think of how she did all that parkour to try and get to Kenobi on the rooftop in the prior episode and somehow still missed him. Yet here, no problem.

Also: wasn't Leia somewhat skeptical of the Force being a thing in ANH? I haven't watched it in years but, if she was, that doesn't make much sense now.

19 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Even funnier when you think of how she did all that parkour to try and get to Kenobi on the rooftop in the prior episode and somehow still missed him. Yet here, no problem.

Also: wasn't Leia somewhat skeptical of the Force being a thing in ANH? I haven't watched it in years but, if she was, that doesn't make much sense now.

I think you are confusing Leia with Han...

• Paid Members

This week's episode straight up stealing exact scenes from Jedi Fallen Order. 

But nah, in all seriousness this Obi Wan show is really, really bad. Over halfway through now and it's all just a big fucking nothing of a story with no stakes, drama, fun or excitement. I'd probably enjoy it if I was 6 though. Amazing how years and years of me loving and obsessing over Star Wars is just being dulled by lazy mediocrity. I'd rather they swung for the fences and did something fresh and new even if it was bad than this dull boring nostalgia shite they've been putting out.

The Andor series will hopefully be good and bring back some of that old Star Wars excitement for me. I really hope so anyway.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The loses Leia/rescues Leia nature of the series is letting it down, and this week’s escape which includes hiding her in his trench coat as if he was sneaking her into watching a 15 certificate film at the local cinema is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen in a Star Wars project

• Paid Members

Ignoring all the things like the bad acting, special effects, music, directing, action scenes, dialogue, weird continuity stuff and plot holes the essential problem is the story is based around Obi Wan rescuing Leia and escaping the Empire/Darth Vader when we already know Obi Wan and Leia survive, the villians fail and the conclusion to the Obi Wan/Vader storyline already happened in 1977. If you're going to tell the story of "what happened to Obi Wan between the prequels and originals" then surely you should actually come up with something that makes the story worth telling.

Edited by LaGoosh

11 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I'd rather they swung for the fences and did something fresh and new even if it was bad than this dull boring nostalgia shite they've been putting out.

They're never taking another risk again after The Last Jedi. 

People lost their minds over a black woman being in this one. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

This week's episode straight up stealing exact scenes from Jedi Fallen Order. 

Last 2 episodes will just be him having to run back through every previous scene because there's no fast travel.