Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

18 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I enjoyed it, though definitely has some faults. Firstly why is every single fucker in this English? Feels more like it's set in the midlands than in a galaxy far, far away. And good lord it's slow in paces and very strangely paced. 

But it looks beautiful, actually has proper dialogue, characters and writing in it, feels like there's a point to it rather than the written by Reddit absolute drizzling shite that Boba Fett and Obi Wan were. 

That's something I like. Feels to me like an industrial revolution town in space. Even at the end of the second episode that space bus thing felt purposely like a UK city bus in its layout and nutters not leaving you alone. 

I came in here to mention Trevor, Trevor’s cock in Chernobyl and Jez Quigley. Well done guys, quite the little hive mind we got going here.

That third episode being part of the release batch was necessary I think because the first two episodes were pure scene setting and although they were good they were very slow. What an episode the third was though. Star Wars feeling like it’s something proper, not sure I expected that from this.

• Awards Moderator

Ben Bailey Smith as an imperial is fantastic. In fact all the Imperial gubbins is great, with snipey middle management and arrogance. 

And so bloody refreshing not to be on bloody Tatooine. 

I sort of watched some of the filming of this from afar back in March 2021, as it was possible to see them farting about with the set in Coryton from across the Canvey Island marshes. Alas no sign of Trevor, big or small. 

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the 4th episode. The dialogue in this is bloody fantastic. I wish there were less British people and more aliens though.

I have a weird fascination with the low level admin of life in the Star Wars universe and this show is definitely scratching that itch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Loving Andy Serkis too. So much expression on his face, clearly a good guy that's been worn down by years of servitude and is now part of the machine. 

One of the rare actors to have played more than one role in Star Wars. I can only think of Anthony Daniels...?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

One of the rare actors to have played more than one role in Star Wars. I can only think of Anthony Daniels...?

Warwick Davis has played a few different non-speaking roles, he's in ROTJ, Solo and Rogue 1. Also there's a handful of voice actors who have played multiple roles - Clancy Brown was in The Mandalorian as that weird red monster in the prison episode and did the voices for multiple different characters in the cartoons, for example.