Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• Paid Members
On 2/15/2022 at 9:43 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

yeah, but if it wants to be authentic, they also have to throw in mandatory fun as well Starcruiser-Sample-Itinerary.jpg

I think they got some heat over this because some people wanted to play as the First Order. 

• 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

KEEENOOOOOOBIIIII

Spoiler

Another fun TV show. Light on the fanwank thankfully though still hard to resist (Luke's toy speeder, oblique references to Sabine, Inquisitor guff) but Ewan totally nails it in every scene. Such a great presence. His interaction with the Jawa being told he stunk was my favourite.

Probably doesn't need a spoiler tag from this point on but it helps remind people this just... dropped.

• Awards Moderator

This was a show I wasn’t that hyped for until very recently - but that was GREAT. Really, really enjoyed the first two episodes. The tone, time period and music hit all my Star Wars sweet spots, the story is going places I wasn’t expecting, I got joy and fear (Inquisitors terrify me) and sadness and various other emotions. More of this please. Is it one episode every Friday from now?

17 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This was a show I wasn’t that hyped for until very recently - but that was GREAT. Really, really enjoyed the first two episodes. The tone, time period and music hit all my Star Wars sweet spots, the story is going places I wasn’t expecting, I got joy and fear (Inquisitors terrify me) and sadness and various other emotions. More of this please. Is it one episode every Friday from now?

I would imagine so. Only 6 episodes for the series though.

I had to give the second episode a second watch as I fell sleep part way through. Nothing to do with the episode itself, just got too comfy on the couch.

Really enjoyed these first two episodes though and really enjoyed them visiting the set of Blade Runner, nice to see somewhere other than the usual places.

In case anyone missed it yesterday, the trailer for Andor dro…..was released. First episode will be on August 31st

Also, The Mandalorian S3 will premiere in February 2023. It had been originally set for late 2022, but with Book of Boba Fett*, Obi Wan and Andor all showing in 2022, 4 Star Wars series in the same calendar year would’ve been overkill. 

* Granted the first episode was a couple of days before New Year, but the rest were 2022

Edited by WyattSheepMask

9 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

KEEENOOOOOOBIIIII

Hide contents

Another fun TV show. Light on the fanwank thankfully though still hard to resist (Luke's toy speeder, oblique references to Sabine, Inquisitor guff) but Ewan totally nails it in every scene. Such a great presence. His interaction with the Jawa being told he stunk was my favourite.

Probably doesn't need a spoiler tag from this point on but it helps remind people this just... dropped.

Spoiler

I think you mean Satine (Bo-Katan's sister and Obi-Wan's love interest in Clone Wars! (Sabine is de Mando-character from Rebels who as far as I remember never had any interaction with Obi-Wan!)

And while we at it... Was he thinking about Satine at that moment? Or about Padme? I think Padme makes more sense since it was Leia, her daughter, who reminded him!

Edited by Marc Ambush Solo

• Awards Moderator
30 minutes ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:
  Hide contents

I think you mean Satine (Bo-Katan's sister and Obi-Wan's love interest in Clone Wars! (Sabine is de Mando-character from Rebels who as far as I remember never had any interaction with Obi-Wan!)

And while we at it... Was he thinking about Satine at that moment? Or about Padme? I think Padme makes more sense since it was Leia, her daughter, who reminded him!

Yeah I meant Satine. Autocorrected. 

After talking with someone else we're debating whether it was Padme or Satine - in hindsight Padme makes more sense given he was talking to Leia. 

Seeing Kenobi again brought out the fanboy in me. I love that all of the shit from the trailer has been covered in the first two episodes, leaving this completely open.

That being said, the cynic in me isn't so keen on yet another childcare storyline - Mando has grogu and bad batch has omega... I don't think we need another one. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Wideload90 said:

Seeing Kenobi again brought out the fanboy in me. I love that all of the shit from the trailer has been covered in the first two episodes, leaving this completely open.

That being said, the cynic in me isn't so keen on yet another childcare storyline - Mando has grogu and bad batch has omega... I don't think we need another one. 

It’s a formula for sure, but it does seem to work for them. The mentor/young mentee relationship runs through pretty much all of Star Wars, though; I guess the difference is we’re now seeing it mostly from the older person’s perspective.

• Paid Members

This show had a multimillion dollar budget:

I enjoyed it but in a modern day Star Wars way, in that it's pretty badly written, filled with ropey acting, very poor action and looks like low budget shit half the time but it has just enough fun and Star Wars feel to it than it's a breezy watch. They feel much closer to the prequels than the original films. The upcoming Andor was filmed on real sets and it just looks so much better than all the stuff shot in The Volume where everything feels so lifeless. It worked for Mando season 1 where it was all so small scale but in towns/cities it looks quite bad.

The two Leia "chase" scenes were proper rubbish though, embarrassing scenes.

Really not going to be happy with any Obi Wan/Vader interaction, that'll really muddle their meeting in A New Hope. Also didn't the Grand Inquisitor die in Rebels? Confusing. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Awards Moderator
55 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Also didn't the Grand Inquisitor die in Rebels? Confusing. 

Either the one in Rebels is going to turn out to be a clone or a Jason Isaacs eviller twin or an extremely similar replacement, or more likely the death’s a fakeout and he’ll be back before the end to kill Third Sister for insubordination, which is why she’s not in Rebels.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

I'm an absolutely massive SW fan, love everything (even the Ewok movies) but that Andor trailer and the premise of the show in general just does absolutely nothing for me, I will watch it but i'm not getting the hype, I actually think it looks pretty boring and a kind of rehash of Rogue One.

Kenobi was incredible btw.