Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

19 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

also, despite being consumed by a sarlaac he maintained his great white smile.

The stomach acid in a Sarlaac is actually one of the top recommended mouthwashes by Tatooine dentists. I think that's explained in 'Can't Chewbacca', one of the extended Star Wars universe books. So his smile should actually be better now than it was before.

• Awards Moderator

Second episode a lot better for me than the first. 

Spoiler

The quote-unquote 'present day' stuff was more interesting this week (and another Rebo cameo, yay!) with a couple of Hutts and that scary looking Wookiee who I think might be from the Doctor Aphra comics that I don't read because she's the absolute worst. Not quite sure where the story is going - does he beat his rivals, and just sit on the throne at the end of the season again? - but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Flashback sequences still a bit long - I think I'd have preferred just devoting a full episode or two to Boba's Tusken Time, rather than giving it half of each episode and using the 'Bacta dream' as a way into it. But this had lots of good stuff in it. The train job was some good action, and in a weird Star Wars-y way they're portraying Indigenous cultures and traditions in a respectful and positive way.

I’m enjoying it but not the same way that I liked The Mandolorian.

The flashbacks have provided some decent action but the stakes are none existent which is letting the show down in that regard. The raid on the train looked great, but at no point were we lead to think that Boba was in peril because we know that he makes it to S2 of Mandolorian (and because it’s only episode 2), you were just waiting to see how exactly he was going to get the job done.

As @LaGooshmentioned last week, you’ve an entire galaxy of locations & characters within it. Jabba’s relatives I can live with, it makes sense that that species would want to regain control, but they have their own Wookie Henchman. Don’t get me wrong, it was a bad arse looking Wookie, but come on, show more of these creatures that inhabit the galaxy rather than just giving us Heel Chewbacca.

It is enjoyable enough though and I am going to stick with it, but it just not quite hitting being above average at the moment

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Episode 2 was fine, if slightly dull. Good thing the world and lore of Star Wars is so strong otherwise I probably wouldn't bother. The main problem is that there's two main stories, one in the past and the other the present. However neither story has any stakes whatsoever. The Mandalorian is wafer thin story/plot wise for the most part but is backed up by a strong "father protecting his child" thread throughout, not sure where this story is going though. 

Edited by LaGoosh

29 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Episode 2 was fine, if slightly dull. Good thing the world and lore of Star Wars is so strong otherwise I probably wouldn't bother. The main problem is that there's two main stories, one in the past and the other the present. However neither story has any stakes whatsoever. The Mandalorian is wafer thin story/plot wise for the most part but is backed up by a strong "father protecting his child" thread throughout, not sure where this story is going though. 

It’s basically a Lone Wolf and Cub knockoff isn’t it

• Awards Moderator

Better episode this week.

Spoiler

The overuse of flashbacks in the first two eps meant the sudden interruption of them this week was a really fun subversion.

The fight with Krrsantan was the high point of the episode and the series so far. That Wookiee is terrifying!

I’m all for Danny Trejo the Rancor keeper. Those Hutts will be back though, surely?

Feels like the show’s got some forward momentum now.

I like the Biker Gang, it's a different idea in the SW universe and has a very AOTC vibe, which is obviously an important chapter for the character of Boba Fett.

Personally loving the show, I never been a big Boba Fett fan (if anything i always found Jango more interesting) but finding his character evolution fascinating and the show has changed how we all look at Tusken Raiders

• Paid Members

That wookie fight was the worst fight in Star Wars history. Proper Power Rangers shite. And then they followed it up with the galaxy's slowest chase car chase. Embarrassing scenes. Robert Rodriguez is such a fucking hack.

Edited by LaGoosh