Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• Paid Members

They never had full treatments for ep 8 and 9 and even Arndt said he couldn't get the script for 7 right. Elements of it are in TFA though, it's why he got a Story credit.

Also Disney had made back their money from the Star Wars buy before The Last Jedi had even came out. There's much more to it than just the film profits.

Solo failed not because it's a bad movies but because the cry babies took out their anger for the Last Jedi on Solo by refusing to go to the cinema. And being smacked down in the middle between Deadpool 2 and Avengers: Endgame didn't do the movie any good either… And the fact nobody really wanted a Han Solo origin movie any way...

So thats the hardcore fans eliminated by hate… the casual fans eliminated by being overshadowed… which left only the die-hards to go and watch it...

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

So thats the hardcore fans eliminated by hate… the casual fans eliminated by being overshadowed… which left only the die-hards to go and watch it...

That sounds familiar... 🤔 

i0xN4kS%2BSJdLB6HzbS7hhdW6Zxnw=

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:.

Also Disney had made back their money from the Star Wars buy before The Last Jedi had even came out. There's much more to it than just the film profits.

This. It seemed like a lot of money, but they pretty much got all that money back through merchandise and licensing of TFA and that movie’s success.

Where they have shot themselves in the foot as well as the Theme Parks. Building two identical lands in America based solely on the latest trilogy. They are building 3 in total. Each could have been from a different trilogy. Sure, Disneyland Paris would have then had the Prequel trilogy. But at least there would have been variations. And going forward there is a lot of work to do to bring the franchise back. Taika is a great choice but I still say give everything to Dave and Jon and let them run it in the same way they let Kevin run the MCU.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Where they have shot themselves in the foot as well as the Theme Parks. Building two identical lands in America based solely on the latest trilogy. They are building 3 in total. Each could have been from a different trilogy. Sure, Disneyland Paris would have then had the Prequel trilogy.

First the Nazi occupation, and now this.

• Paid Members

The rumors are they are trying hard to shoe horn some Mando into the theme parks. However they where so intent on Galaxy's edge being set in a very precise time frame it will be very very hard to do. 

That said any plans of any expansion will surely be put on hold 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

The rumors are they are trying hard to shoe horn some Mando into the theme parks. However they where so intent on Galaxy's edge being set in a very precise time frame it will be very very hard to do. 

I doubt anyone would give a shit about the timeline if they're at Galaxy's Edge and The Mandalorian turns up with a Baby Yoda for photos. I'd love it.

Edited by LaGoosh

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I doubt anyone would give a shit about the timeline if they're at Galaxy's Edge and The Mandalorian turns up with a Baby Yoda for photos. I'd love it.

I'd love to see the geeky vlogs of the hardcore SW fans at Galaxy's Edge whinging about the timeline being wrong if they did turn up. DISNEY RUINED STAR WARS AGAIN. POOR GEORGE LUCAS MUST BE SO ANGRY. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I doubt anyone would give a shit about the timeline if they're at Galaxy's Edge and The Mandalorian turns up with a Baby Yoda for photos. I'd 

Park goers wouldn’t give a shit. But Disney does was my point. The have money printing machine in baby yoda. It will be interesting if they would break from the theme to use him. 

I would love to see Vader wondering around but they are not about to let that happen any time soon. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Awards Moderator

Wonderful contemporaneous audio BBC doc on Empire Strikes Back. A good thing to have on in the background for an hour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000j7h8

One interesting contradiction this threw up: I've always read from books by Lucas, Spielberg and Kurtz is that Leigh Brackett's terminal cancer while screenwriting laid a huge dark blanket over the script. This gave it some of it's sombre tone. This pushes this aside and gives some credit to Larry Kasdan instead. Interesting listen nonetheless. Oh and as a bonus, have this image I found from the doc maker's Twitter:

97610244_3389606421051800_7120463011151609856_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=M_CpWCX2BGcAX_H366h&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=25d308370445e8d2802503e300bf8ee4&oe=5EE88894

Edited by Onyx2

• 1 month later...

Quick one: I've just remembered that I have boxed Star Wars Micro Machines. They're gold and there's 3 of them (I want to say X Wing, TIE and Falcon but can't remember where they are) Are they worth anything does anyone know? From what I remember, the box is slightly tatty but the toys have never been removed.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Quick one: I've just remembered that I have boxed Star Wars Micro Machines. They're gold and there's 3 of them (I want to say X Wing, TIE and Falcon but can't remember where they are) Are they worth anything does anyone know? From what I remember, the box is slightly tatty but the toys have never been removed.

Ebay's your best bet. But without looking most 90's Star Wars stuff was so highly manufactured there is no secondary market. They are probably worth what you got them for in the 90's.

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ebay's your best bet. But without looking most 90's Star Wars stuff was so highly manufactured there is no secondary market. They are probably worth what you got them for in the 90's.

Yeah, just never seen these ones since. Think I'll keep them unless they're silly money.