Jump to content

Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Luke was a farmer not an ace pilot. He had never even been in a space battle before. He was a natural pilot and able to hit a minuscule target without his aiming system because he's strong in the force, just like Rey

And... "I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two metres." 

A bit of a prodigy, + the Force. 

  • Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

And... "I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two metres." 

A bit of a prodigy, + the Force. 

Shit, I always thought he was talking about fucking them.

This makes much more sense...

  • Paid Members
Posted

In 40 years of watching Star Wars, I've never stopped to think why American Lucas used 'metres' in that context. 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

Until they start filming, I'm finding it hard to summon any feelings towards these director/creative announcements. So that's Russian doll person, plus Taika Waititi, plus three Rian Johnson films, not counting the Weiss/Benioff one that never happened, in addition to the ones we know are actually happening in Kenobi, Andor and Mando. That's a lot, so for me it doesn't count until they've actually begun something.

In far more exciting news they've finally started adding Manadalorian characters to Galaxy Of Heroes.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Paid Members
Posted

If this hinders the future of Russian Doll then I'm going to be fuming. Disney can fuck off, they're like the WWE of pinching talent now.

Posted

There is no future to Russian Doll, it was a brilliant one and done surely.

 

Posted

They should give Dave Filloni the reigns of STAR WARS, with Faverau alongside him. Filloni has done his apprenticeship and knows how to tell an actual Star Wars story better than anyone. Give it to him and i reckon you'll have something special

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

They should give Dave Filloni the reigns of STAR WARS, with Faverau alongside him. Filloni has done his apprenticeship and knows how to tell an actual Star Wars story better than anyone. Give it to him and i reckon you'll have something special

I'd be very happy with Filoni in a Kevin Feige-esque position, overseeing and connecting things. He's the best person for such a job.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I'm not so sure. A good portion of the Clone Wars is extremely ropey, Rebels had mixed reviews and Resistance was shit, so while he's definitely got a handle on what makes good Star Wars a lot of the fans forget he's not exactly got a perfect record. I think he's probably better suited as a right hand man to someone else. Definitely needs to be more involved with the movies for sure.

Edited by LaGoosh
Posted
6 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Hmm.  Be really interested to see what they do.  Just "uh oh, caught in a time loop again, whoopsie" would be pretty weak.  Hopefully they come up with something as creative as the first season!

In the meantime, I've started watching Orange Is The New Black to get my fix of Natasha Lyonne.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...