Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• Awards Moderator
8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The rooms start at almost £5k for 2 adults and look smaller than a Travelodge. I don't think there was any conceiving on that ship 

I don’t know, he was born 5 years after the first film according to Wookieepedia so the timelines might match up…

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

The closest we get to rebels in live action. I'm stoked..

Indeed - the Rebels-y tone makes me more hopeful for this one than I had been. If it works, it could hit that same between-trilogies tone as Rebels or Rogue One, and that’d be a very good thing.

So it's going to be a story about how one man becomes a hermit?

To be honest this will probably appeal more than some of the tv series so far - I'm finding the Mandalorian visually brilliant but quite dull.  Has McGregor popped up yet to whisper "it's shit" to the press?

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Loki said:

So it's going to be a story about how one man becomes a hermit?

I joked when this was first announced that the only way an Obi-Wan Kenobi series makes sense is if it's Gran Torino in space, with him being a mad old racist complaining about the Sand People. We don't need an Obi-Wan Kenobi prequel, because the prequel movies were Obi-Wan Kenobi prequels. We know how he ended up on Tattooine, and filling in any more blanks about what he's been up to in the interim just devalues his characterisation in the original movie, and makes the timeline even more ridiculous.