Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

I got tickets for Saturday and Sunday.

Went to LFCC in 2015 to meet the Back To The Future cast, but that’s the only convention I’ve ever attended.

So I’m really excited to just be in that whole Star Wars bubble for a weekend and my wife (who loves Star Wars as much as me, but has never done any kind of convention) will surely love it too.

• 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

I loved the first three episodes of Andor. So much. The third episode in particular might be my favourite episode of live action Star Wars TV. Really good.

However, I am that person who’d happily put Rogue One in their top 3 Star Wars movies and cries when K-2SO dies, so this show is pretty much made for me.

9 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

However, I am that person who’d happily put Rogue One in their top 3 Star Wars movies and cries when K-2SO dies, so this show is pretty much made for me.

Rogue One is a great film, not just a great Star Wars film. Am I best rewatching it beforehand (not seen it for a few years) or can I just go straight into Andor

• Awards Moderator
34 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Rogue One is a great film, not just a great Star Wars film. Am I best rewatching it beforehand (not seen it for a few years) or can I just go straight into Andor

You can go straight in I think. It’s helpful to be reminded where Cassian ends up as a character in the film, but there’s no callbacks (call-forwards?) or anything  that’d affect your viewing.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Apologies for the double post, but this bastard in Andor? This hateful guy?

image.thumb.png.c2187714bf7d33c35695373108ca2ee8.png

IT’S TREVOR FROM EASTENDERS

image.png

Its also already had appearances from Jez Quigley from Corrie and Paul Truman from Eastenders. Its like a who's who of British soap wrong 'uns. 5 stars!!! 

Screenshot_20220923_175632.jpg

Screenshot_20220923_123224.jpg

• Paid Members

Very impressed with this three episodes in. The dialogue is absolutely brilliant. I like the way every extra feels like they are all actually doing something rather than  soldiers/stormtroopers aimlessly wandering around in military formations. There are construction workers actually doing construction-esque jobs. Even the workers looking at the satalites for the main antagonist are eating at their desks and moaning about overtime like normal people. There are annoying old bastards trying to talk to you on your business commute. All these little touches are welcome additions. Even the soldiers are constantly talking and planning positions over their Comms devices in a thorough manner. 

I’m also in love with the actress that plays Bix (Bex? Bics?). A delightful creature. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it, though definitely has some faults. Firstly why is every single fucker in this English? Feels more like it's set in the midlands than in a galaxy far, far away. And good lord it's slow in paces and very strangely paced. 

But it looks beautiful, actually has proper dialogue, characters and writing in it, feels like there's a point to it rather than the written by Reddit absolute drizzling shite that Boba Fett and Obi Wan were. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Firstly why is every single fucker in this English? 

Excluding the Mexican protagonist, the Puerto Rican female protagonist, the Scandinavian mentor, the American antagonist, the American droid and the three or four Scots who had speaking roles, you mean? What an odd criticism.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Excluding the Mexican protagonist, the Puerto Rican female protagonist, the Scandinavian mentor, the American antagonist, the American droid and the three or four Scots who had speaking roles, you mean? What an odd criticism.

Perhaps I should have said British. Definitely felt to me like the vast majority of the speaking cast were British.

Big fan of the naff sideburns and 70s hairstyles. More dodgy American accents and it'll really have that Star Wars feel.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Definitely felt to me like the vast majority of the speaking cast were British.

Isn't that the case with Star Wars in general?

I came in here just to see if anyone mentioned Trev. And it was the first thing posted about the show. You lot never disappoint. 

Unlike Little Mo.

Edited by PunkStep