Jump to content

Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

4 episodes in and I think I can safely say now that Boba Fett is a bad show. Episodes are all over the place, story/characters are thin and meandering, weak action scenes and worst of all they've made the character of Boba Fett a soft, animal loving pussy. This is such a weird show.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, I really want to like it, but it's all a bit crap so far. Something cheap about the way it looks too, just doesn't feel like Star Wars. It's disappointing but I'll see where it goes, watching weekly means it's not a big commitment. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

The Book of Bobahahahahahahaha Fett

  Hide contents

Boba Fett does not appear once, but an extra episode of The Mandalorian was an interesting surprise.

 

Yes a complete cheat. But at least it was the first interesting episode of the series. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Absolutely. I thought that was great and would have happily watched it again straight afterwards. First time I’ve said that about this show!

I think I might prefer the show that this week’s episode was.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I fucking loved BD-1 making an appearance, who is an adorable little droid from the Fallen Order game.

I like it so far. It's not a patch of Mandalorian, but it's interesting enough and looks lovely. Krrrrstan or whatever he's called looks boss. To be honest, they could stick anything set in the Star Wars universe (other than animated shite) and I'd happily lap it up. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fitting that the only episode of The Book Of Boba Fett that is any good is the one Boba Fett isn't actually in and completely ignores the whole boring, dull shit story of that show. Made me excited for season 3 of The Mandalorian, couldn't care less about Boba Fett's fight with the Pykes.

Posted
2 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Considering you absolutely hate the show, why are you still watching it?

See also : The RAW/Smackdown threads.

  • Paid Members
Posted
42 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

See also : The RAW/Smackdown threads.

Ha! As I typed that I did think to myself 'this is a wrestling forum I suppose...'

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Considering you absolutely hate the show, why are you still watching it?

Because I'm a Star Wars nerd and like all Star Wars nerds I watch all Star Wars, even the stuff I don't like in the hope that it turns out good at some point. Which sometimes it does. It's a vicious cycle. As a fellow Arsenal fan I'm sure you can relate.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted

Finally, a great episode of Boba Fett this week. And why yes, it does feature very little Boba Fett. What a coincidence. Truly the Roman Reigns of Star Wars, the more he's pushed the less you're interested.

Posted

I often worry that we're given too much of what we want and it ruins everything... like when an individual is full but continues to have a pudding.

Nobody turns down pudding, therefore, I am going to continue to stuff my face and enjoy the televisual delights from a galaxy far, far away.

A great episode this week but just pure fan service. It almost rectifies the mistakes made with the prequel trilogy - just give the people what they want.

More western style plz.

Posted
11 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I can be a backpack while you run in full effect.

Me and the Mrs started singing that the second we saw the backpack, we weren't disappointed.

Popped like a buffoon at Cad Bane turning up.

I really wish they'd just called this series The Mandalorian: Book Of Boba Fett.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

It almost would have worked better if they'd just done Mando season three, and given Boba a standalone episode in that to basically say "he's on Jabba's throne, the Pykes are taking over Mos Espa, he needs some help and Mando owes him one". We'd have reached the same place, and it's not like Boba's had four episodes' worth of story that needed telling up to now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...