Star Wars Thread - Spoilers, yo.

Monkee

• Paid Members

I think it was a fun finale but because they didn't bother putting in the work beforehand to make me invested it was hard to care too much what happened. Six episodes of absolute nothing, cram all the plot into episode 7 then the big finale...it didn't work. 

• Paid Members

Personally I thought the finale was almost perfect. The only thing I would have changed is killing Moff Gideon more definitively as him dying by crashing ship wasn’t as good as having Mando or Bo Katan finish him.

I would be more than happy if that was the end of the series though. It was a happy ending and most loose ends were tied up. I’m worried a fourth season will be as bad as the 2/3 of this was.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Unsurprisingly, Carl Weathers has a hell of a handshake.

Did you ask him about my wedding?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Galactic Starcruiser is closing at the end of September.

I’m a massive Star Wars fan, but I never had any urge to go to this. It all sounded a bit too much even for me. Even when they were giving it the hard sell at Celebration it was clear that you’d only get your money’s worth if you were extroverted enough to completely play along. No thanks. Also it was just … So expensive. And I don’t think I’d have handled the no windows, only artificial light and screens aspect of it.

Make it a Star Wars themed regular hotel with actual windows and not thousands of dollars, though, and I’ll be the first one there! 

• Paid Members

Disney really overestimated the amount of people that were interested in a 2 day LARPing experience that could justify the ridiculous price tag. It was more expensive to do their “2 day cruise” then it was to go on an actual 4 night cruise on a Disney ship which took you to their private island. Absolutely insane.

• Paid Members

It's a miserable location for an actual hotel though.  Huge main road on one side, Hollywood Studios car park on the other, with views of the maintenance entrance of Galaxy's Edge.  The outside of the building, with the exception of the arrival structure, is less attractive than an Amazon warehouse.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

As soon as it was announced I'd decided I was going as the concept seemed great. Changed my mind the second I saw the price. Kind of glad it's going and hopefully it gets repurposed in to a nice Star Wars themed family hotel.

It would also need major changes. The cabin rooms are tiny windowless boxes. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, Ahsoka....

More Filoni wet dream material that feels like he's constantly trying to amend how shit the prequels are. That said, I'm a sucker for the whole Thrawn thing and this felt like proper star wars storytelling. Nothing felt rushed across the two episodes and I anticipate big things.

Like the inclusion of ex jedi mercenaries, lightsabers and David Tennant. 

This is essentially Rebels S5, and I'm looking forward to what's next.

Two common complaints from super nerds and incels are: 1) more non lethal lightsaber stabs and 2) too many women - tough shit, star wars has always been about strong women, so fuck off.

That is all.

Edited by Wideload90
Spelling.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

This is essentially Rebels S5, and I'm looking forward to what's next.

Same. Just finished rewatching Rebels so I’m very up for seeing these guys again. 

Some scattered thoughts:

Ray Stevenson is excellent. Natasha Liu Bordizzo is perfect Sabine casting. The music is great.
Huyang has all of my heart and I will be destroyed if they kill him off.
The makeup / head stuff for Ahsoka and Hera takes some getting used to.
There is a cat. He is a good boy and a brave boy.
Some nice Rebels easter eggs in there. It was awesome seeing the Phantom in live action. If we see the Ghost I’ll be very very happy.
It feels properly Star Wars-y.
Some of the exterior scenes were very obviously Volume-y. Interiors didn’t come across so much like that, but hopefully this one won’t have the same background issues as the Obi-Wan show.
Not sure how it’ll sustain over 8 episodes but a good start.

• Awards Moderator
37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Can I enjoy it without Rebels? I never did get around to watching it all.

It’ll definitely help, but it’s not essential. The Star Wars Explained channel on YouTube did a good video the other day which will fill you in on anything vital. They recap the whole show in about 10 minutes - 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator