Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted December 29, 2024 Awards Moderator Posted December 29, 2024 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: Weird that Skeleton Crew seems to be getting zero buzz whatsoever. 5 episodes in and I'm loving it. It's great fun and far better than every other Star Wars show they've put out other than Andor. I have buzz! I’m really enjoying it, I love the swashbuckly pirate feel, the Easter eggs, the mystery, the whole tone of it is great. Episode 4 was the only weak point so far, but all the others have been loads of fun. Feel the buzz! Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted January 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2025 Skeleton Crew remains great fun, even if it's shameless in ripping off/paying homage to the likes of The Goonies. I'm assuming the pitch meeting was Goonies in space but Chunk is a blue elephant. I really hope that it nails the landing as episode 7 has set it up nicely. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2025 "Goonies in space" is the absolute perfect pitch for a Star Wars show, though. Skeleton Crew is exactly what the franchise needed, I'm absolutely loving it so far, although still weeks behind. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 11, 2025 Big fans of Skeleton Crew in Chez Scorch. My daughter has no interest in Star Wars, my wife kinda likes Star Wars. So getting them to watch this was a bit of a task. It they were swept right in. Best SW since Mando S1* for me. Just good shit. *not seen Andor, Ahsoka or Acolyte yet. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 Fucks sake. I decided I was done with Star Wars after The Acolyte but the good words of you lot and the pitch Goonies in space sounds great. I'm gonna end up watching it, arn't I? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 12, 2025 You should. It's fun! And with great effects, characters, performances, story with real stakes and a genuinely interesting central mystery underpinning it all. Jude Law is fantastic. Can't wait for the finale next week. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 12, 2025 Posted January 12, 2025 Yeah i wasn't in a rush to watch it but found myself with some spare time so thought I'd watch the first episode and ended up watching all the ones available. A very easygoing but fun watch. Just like Star Wars should be. Quote
andrew "the ref" coyne Posted January 13, 2025 Posted January 13, 2025 On 1/11/2025 at 11:35 PM, Hannibal Scorch said: Big fans of Skeleton Crew in Chez Scorch. My daughter has no interest in Star Wars, my wife kinda likes Star Wars. So getting them to watch this was a bit of a task. It they were swept right in. Best SW since Mando S1* for me. Just good shit. *not seen Andor, Ahsoka or Acolyte yet. Jesus. Do not watch Acolyte. It's genuinely atrocious. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 13, 2025 Acolyte, Ahsoka and Obi Wan were all so bad I can only assume they were done as some kind of money laundering/tax dodging exercise. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 13, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted January 13, 2025 None of those three are my favourites but they all had bits I liked. Ahsoka had a fantastic Ray Stevenson performance and a David Tennant voiced droid that I am a big fan of. Acolyte had one good episode (the 5th one) which showed what it could have been. Obi-Wan had … that one line about Quinlan Vos? I like the Inquisitors generally (hate what they do, like them as an idea) but this wasn’t their finest work. Star Wars TV ranking Andor Mandalorian season 1 Skeleton Crew The rest of Mandalorian The other stuff Book of Boba Fett Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 13, 2025 Posted January 13, 2025 Even my father in law hated Book and he loves pretty much anything Star Wars. It was just so utterly pointless that even the writers lost interest in it. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 13, 2025 The Book of Boba Fett should have been the easiest thing to make good really. But I guess no one anticipated that they would have gone with "what if we make Boba Fett the saddest, most boring loser in history?" as the creative direction. However the Obi Wan had the chase scene in the woods and the bit where they were stuck behind an impassable barrier which you could easily just walk around so who's to say which is worse? Ahsoka. Ahsoka is the worst. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 13, 2025 Posted January 13, 2025 It’s a shame that The Acolyte is meant to be so shit because it’s the most interesting sounding premise of the tv shows. Well, it was until I heard Goonies in space. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 13, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted January 13, 2025 (edited) 1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said: It’s a shame that The Acolyte is meant to be so shit because it’s the most interesting sounding premise of the tv shows. Well, it was until I heard Goonies in space. It should have been way more interesting than it was. They sold it as this golden age of the Jedi story (but from the Sith point of view*) and in the end decided to go down the route of “Jedi… maybe not so great?” which had already been done in the prequels, and the sequels, and Clone Wars. It would have been more original to have a show of Jedi just being cool and heroic. Whereas Goonies In Space is exactly what Skeleton Crew is about - it nails the tone and idea it’s going for. *I know Leslye Headland also pitched it as “Frozen meets Kill Bill”, which… kind of? Edited January 13, 2025 by HarmonicGenerator Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 13, 2025 Ashoka is the only one we actually tapped out of and just stopped watching altogether. Boba Fett and Obi Wan were both pretty shit, but I was at least invested enough in the characters to see them through to the end. Didn't even bother starting The Acolyte after reading the initial reviews. Thank fuck for Skeleton Crew, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.