Wideload90 Posted May 15, 2025 Posted May 15, 2025 My only gripe is the lack of Jimmy Smits. The best star wars content in a long time. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted May 16, 2025 One thing about the million things I liked about those final episodes is that it re-contextualises the Empire from the original trilogy of being an all powerful evil empire at the height of its power to a fascist empire that was already doomed before A New Hope. The very nature of it is what led to its own downfall. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2025 Random question - has it ever been established, if Amidala renounced the throne of Naboo before giving birth to the twins, where exactly was Leia supposed to be “Princess” of? Or should I file that one under “it was the prequels, pretend it didn’t happen”? Quote
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted July 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2025 12 minutes ago, air_raid said: Random question - has it ever been established, if Amidala renounced the throne of Naboo before giving birth to the twins, where exactly was Leia supposed to be “Princess” of? Or should I file that one under “it was the prequels, pretend it didn’t happen”? Wasn't she adopted by the current monarchy of Naboo? I always thought that was who Yoda dumped her on.... Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 16, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted July 16, 2025 24 minutes ago, air_raid said: Random question - has it ever been established, if Amidala renounced the throne of Naboo before giving birth to the twins, where exactly was Leia supposed to be “Princess” of? Or should I file that one under “it was the prequels, pretend it didn’t happen”? The title of Queen on Naboo was an elected head of state - can’t recall if it’s in a deleted scene or not but there’s a new Queen by the time of Attack of the Clones. Leia is Princess of Alderaan as far as I can recall. Her dad was a Senator but I think her adopted mum was royal. That’s how I understand it anyway! Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 16, 2025 1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Leia is Princess of Alderaan as far as I can recall. Her dad was a Senator but I think her adopted mum was royal. Ta. Rewatched some of the sequels stuff yesterday and caught that Kate Dickie is another who did the nerd triathlon of Thrones-Wars-Marvel. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2025 Remember when a trailer for a new Star Wars film felt like a huge cultural event? I miss those days. So a trailer for The Mandalorian and Grogu has come out. Looks absolutely awful. The big money shot is an AT AT blowing up and slowly sliding down a hill. It's so rubbish I can't even be bothered to post the link. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 23, 2025 Posted September 23, 2025 Don't even know why they're making it a film. Completely pointless. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2025 31 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: Remember when a trailer for a new Star Wars film felt like a huge cultural event? I miss those days. So a trailer for The Mandalorian and Grogu has come out. Looks absolutely awful. The big money shot is an AT AT blowing up and slowly sliding down a hill. It's so rubbish I can't even be bothered to post the link. Having not seen the Mandalorian, I saw this trailer and assumed initially it was fan made from bits of the show. But no, apparently it's real. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 23, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 23, 2025 (edited) I finally caught up with Andor. I wasn't as huge on the first season as everyone else - the whole prison segment of the story was terrific but I found the rest of it quite middling - but bloody hell season two was incredible. It's the only prequel that has enhanced the earlier source material for me - in this case, not only is Rogue One made a more interesting film but even the original film feels like it has higher stakes now, knowing everything that the rebels went through in Andor to get to that point. A great piece of work. However, not only did it enhance some of the related films, it also served to highlight just how shit Acolyte/Ahsoka/Mandolorian etc are in comparison. Just shite. For those of you who also loved Andor, The Pilot TV/Empire Film podcasts did some great spoiler specials on them that I'd recommend giving a listen to. Edited September 23, 2025 by Lorne Malvo Quote
theringmaster Posted September 23, 2025 Posted September 23, 2025 I'm really intrigued how this film does at the box office, will the casual fan be put off because they have not watched the show? The trailer looked like it was going to be just sfx after sfx with comedy trickled in. If it was a straight to Disney+ movie i would probably be more excited. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted October 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 31, 2025 I've just finished watching the ILM docu-series on Disney Plus and it really shows how bloody great George Lucas is. He's this perfect balance of innovator, leader and someone who doesn't give a fuck whatsoever. There's a bit in it I loved where one of the main effects guys read the Attack of the Clones script and it simply says "Yoda draws his light sabre and has an epic battle with Count Dooku beyond all imagination" and when he asks George what happens in the battle George just smiles, gently pats him on the shoulder and says "You'll figure it out". Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 4 Paid Members Posted May 4 (edited) There's a series of short clips from The Mandalorian and Grogu promoted on the Disney+ home page. "Episode" one is an entire sequence from the film so if you're bothered by spoilers don't watch that one! They others are more generic trailer type clips and chat. Edited May 4 by johnnyboy Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 4 Awards Moderator Posted May 4 I’ve been thoroughly enjoying Maul: Shadow Lord which finished its first season today. Great characters worth investing in - who knew Wagner Moura and Richard Ayoade would be a great double act, while anyone could tell you Dennis Haysbert would be a great Jedi Master - and stunning action. The second half of the season is basically one long chase and it’s fucking fantastic. The end of the ninth episode gave me chills. Top tier Star Wars animation. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 4 Paid Members Posted May 4 5 hours ago, johnnyboy said: There's a series of short clips from The Mandalorian and Grogu promoted on the Disney+ home page. "Episode" one is an entire sequence from the film so if you're bothered by spoilers don't watch that one! They others are more generic trailer type clips and chat. Every clip I've seen of the film looks so bad I can't believe it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.