Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted May 22 Awards Moderator Posted May 22 The Mandalorian and Grogu was exactly what I wanted it to be. It’s a fun adventure, with some cool stuff, that’s not too bogged down in lore and is an escape from the real world for a couple of hours. Very happy with it and I’ll definitely see it again on the big screen. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 23 Paid Members Posted May 23 Ploddy and felt inconsequential, but thoroughly enjoyable. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 25 Paid Members Posted May 25 Still enjoyable on a second viewing. Stay for the end credits for some banging variations of the Mando theme. One sounds very Ratatouille. If that rendition isn't on the soundtrack album I'll be devastated. Was... Spoiler Bryce Dallas Howard the only episode director that didn't get a cameo as an X-Wing pilot? (and Favs, natch) Digital dankness of some scenes remains my biggest gripe... Spoiler ...apart from the fisherman on the bayou. Quote
Ulf ist Gut Posted May 25 Posted May 25 Just gotten in from watching it and, "ploddy and felt inconsequential, but thoroughly enjoyable" feels about right. It was basically just streaming a whole season of the TV show in one go in a nice air conditioned room with comfy seats. Pretty sure i've already forgotten half of it and I wasn't keen on the huts speaking English but I did like the nod to the monster chess in the pit fight scene. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 21 hours ago, johnnyboy said: Stay for the end credits for some banging variations of the Mando theme. One sounds very Ratatouille. Rejoice, it is on the soundtrack. I was never getting it from that name when it should have been called "The Ratalorian." Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 I hope I'm wrong, but the art design on that title looks incredibly AI. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 26 Paid Members Posted May 26 1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said: I hope I'm wrong, but the art design on that title looks incredibly AI. Isn't that every YouTube thumbnail now? If you watch it in Cineworld you can (while stocks last) get an excellent Matt Ferguson poster for free. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted May 31 Posted May 31 Went to see the movie yesterday and fully enjoyed it, just a simple ‘switch off and enjoy’ type of movie that could have also worked as a 3/4 episode bonus season Quote
Wideload90 Posted May 31 Posted May 31 Caught this on Tuesday. It's lovely as a standalone but my two biggest gripes are that the final third dragged a bit, and it was dark. It felt like I was watching house of the dragon with how dark the scenes were. In a colourful universe, it was grim. Better than the sequel trilogy and just the right amount of fan service. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 3 Paid Members Posted June 3 I enjoyed the Top Gun homage opening of The Mandalorian & Grogu. It felt like they just put 4 episodes of the show together and throw some more money at them. Absolutely fine. Some of the shots looked beautiful as we have come to expect. But it could have quite easily just released it on D+. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 3 Paid Members Posted June 3 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: It felt like they just put 4 episodes of the show together and throw some more money at them Pretty much exactly what they did. Favreau had written season 4 and Disney just asked him to turn it into a movie instead. Quote
Rockbus2 Posted June 5 Posted June 5 On 6/3/2026 at 5:38 PM, LaGoosh said: Pretty much exactly what they did. Favreau had written season 4 and Disney just asked him to turn it into a movie instead. I think that's been debunked. The series was written but it was completely different to this and meant to tie in to Ashoka Season 2. It could still be happening but no announcements yet. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted June 5 Paid Members Posted June 5 2 hours ago, Rockbus2 said: I think that's been debunked. The series was written but it was completely different to this and meant to tie in to Ashoka Season 2. It could still be happening but no announcements yet. True or not the structure of it is undeniably episodic. At 1 hour in you start slapping your knees and gathering your coat as it feels wrapped up. Maybe Favreau / Filoni cannot write in chunks longer than 30 mins? Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted June 5 Paid Members Posted June 5 1 hour ago, Onyx2 said: True or not the structure of it is undeniably episodic. Yes, you can very much feel the joins. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted June 5 Paid Members Posted June 5 6 minutes ago, johnnyboy said: Yes, you can very much feel the joins. And at our age, you can very much feel the joints. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.