Paid Members Jazzy G Posted May 4 Paid Members Posted May 4 Limited theatrical release of the original Star Wars next year for the 50th anniversary is quite the announcement. I wonder whether my local Reel will have a Saturday morning showing for a fiver. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 17 Paid Members Posted May 17 Rewatching The Mandalorian in anticipation for the film... I'd forgotten how much of the meat isn't actually in The Mandalorian. The start of season 3 is an absolute jolt if you start it straight after season 2 without watching The Mandalorian season 2.5 ( the last few episodes of The Book of Boba Fett). Spoiler How did Grogu come back? How did Mando get an N1? When did all the excommunication stuff happen?!? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 18 Paid Members Posted May 18 (edited) It's insane how much of a drop off in quality there was from season 2 to season 3 and season 2 isn't even that good! The Mandalorian & Grogu will probably be the first Star Wars film that I don't see in the cinema. All the reviews suggest that it's just a couple of episodes of the show stuck together. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I don't care about any of this new stuff - especially as Filoni is now running the show. He's decent at cartoons but all the live action stuff is horrendous. Andor was incredible but at this point I'm not sure what you can even do with the franchise to bring it back to life. A movie directed by that hack Shawn Levy is probably not the answer but who knows. Edited May 18 by LaGoosh Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 18 Posted May 18 I was surprised they even made it into a cinema release. I'll see it but I don't have any high expectations of it. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 18 Paid Members Posted May 18 I find it wild that the first theatrical Star Wars release in years is a continuation of a Disney Plus series. They’ve created the exact same problem the Marvel Cinematic Universe has, where the films start feeling like they require so much homework that you just don’t bother. I wonder when this decision was made with Star Wars, since they seem to now realise what a fuck up it was with the MCU. Half the draw for the upcoming Doomsday is that they’ve all but announced no homework is required and that Doomsday will be a direct sequel to Endgame. I gave up on the Madalorian somewhere in Season 2. As I understand it, to fully catch up I’d have to watch Season 2, The Book of Boba Fett and Season 3. Fuck that. You’ve made me not care about a new Star Wars film coming to cinemas. Impressive. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 18 Paid Members Posted May 18 1 hour ago, Supremo said: I find it wild that the first theatrical Star Wars release in years is a continuation of a Disney Plus series. They’ve created the exact same problem the Marvel Cinematic Universe has, where the films start feeling like they require so much homework that you just don’t bother. I wonder when this decision was made with Star Wars, since they seem to now realise what a fuck up it was with the MCU. Half the draw for the upcoming Doomsday is that they’ve all but announced no homework is required and that Doomsday will be a direct sequel to Endgame. I gave up on the Madalorian somewhere in Season 2. As I understand it, to fully catch up I’d have to watch Season 2, The Book of Boba Fett and Season 3. Fuck that. You’ve made me not care about a new Star Wars film coming to cinemas. Impressive. This will only get worse with Dave "I know Plo Koon's favourite shoe colour" Filoni in charge. He exists only on a plane of fan service existence. Quote
Wideload90 Posted May 18 Posted May 18 I'm going to watch it in the cinema but I have low expectations. Filoni is the ultimate in fan service, and that novelty wore off very quickly. It should be better than episodes 8 & 9 though. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 18 Paid Members Posted May 18 (edited) 3 hours ago, Supremo said: The Book of Boba Fett Only episodes 5-7... which have some of the most consequential elements of the entire Grogu part of the Mandalorian and Grogu story. In the recap at the start of season 3, unless I blinked, they literally did not explain (massive spoiler) Spoiler How Grogu came back! It's just taken as a given that you would have watched most of another series. Mrs JB has turned our living room into a Grogu shrine so we're going to see it in IMAX at the weekend and regularovision next week (at least). I'm hoping that she won't make me wear the Grogu ears in public (again). Edited May 18 by johnnyboy Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted May 18 Paid Members Posted May 18 For those wanting to catch up without the hassle I cannot recommend the Man of Recaps highly enough. In a sea of horrible AI slop recap channels and the god awful official recaps which, as @johnnyboy says, inexplicably miss out massive plot points, he is a shining beacon of informative and concise recappery. His primer for Daredevil Born Again in particular was a godsend for me as I was not about to rewatch Ironfist or The Defenders any time soon to make sure I had everything covered. His Mando recap here also includes the pertinent info from Book of Bobba Fett: Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted May 19 Paid Members Posted May 19 Mixing my genres here but the spidey-sense is officially tingling now. Disney bruv, those aren't reviews you're posting. Those are influencers you've treated to a premiere on social media. Sithorder66 on X says "wow, I got free popcorn... I mean STAR WARS IS BACK! " Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted May 19 Paid Members Posted May 19 8 minutes ago, johnnyboy said: Disney bruv, those aren't reviews you're posting. Those are influencers you've treated to a premiere on social media. Sithorder66 on X says "wow, I got free popcorn... I mean STAR WARS IS BACK! " All those reviews are to be ignored because the people invited will always rave about the film because they want to keep being invited to sneak previews and premieres. They know if they give a bad review they won't be invited in the future! 11 hours ago, johnnyboy said: Only episodes 5-7... which have some of the most consequential elements of the entire Grogu part of the Mandalorian and Grogu story. I love that Book of Boba Fett was so incredibly boring that even the people making it got bored and just turned it into Mandalorian Season 2.5 half way through. I mean, making a series about Boba Fett and turning him from infamous galaxy hopping bounty hunter to an exhausted and incompetent city Mayor on Tattooine was certainly a weird creative choice, I must say. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted May 19 Paid Members Posted May 19 On 5/18/2026 at 7:27 PM, Onyx2 said: This will only get worse with Dave "I know Plo Koon's favourite shoe colour" Filoni in charge. He exists only on a plane of fan service existence. https://xcancel.com/Damac1214/status/2056747534559613036 Quote
westlondonmist Posted May 20 Posted May 20 My son wants a Star Wars game, to my recollection they are often not kid friendly (but not played any in years). The Lego ones are fairly forgiving right? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted May 20 Posted May 20 Yeah the Lego ones are easy enough I'd say. You can get as deep into them as you want really. The puzzles can be a bit annoying sometimes but on the whole they're pretty light. Quote
Merzbow Posted May 20 Posted May 20 7 minutes ago, westlondonmist said: The Lego ones are fairly forgiving right? Yeah, very. Also, you can do drop in co-op if you want to give him a hand. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.