2017 Clog-Popping Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Amazing actor, could do sweet comedy roles just as well as the sinister stuff.  Surprised he was 91, I'd have guessed late 70's.  Saying that, he's looked in his late 70's for years now.

• Paid Members

Love Harry Dean Stanton, love that he got a bit of a send-off in Twin Peaks, though it's sad to think how many from that series - even those in the third series - are no longer with us.

Repo Man, Twin Peaks, Escape From New York, Alien, Godfather 2, Green Mile, The Straight Story, and Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas, though? As just a handful of the stuff he did, that's an impressive resume in and of itself.

There was a story going round Twitter that he once asked an interviewer why he kept asking him questions about the Care Bears Movie, and was told "you were in it", and he replied, "Fuck, was I?"

22 minutes ago, Grecian said:

William's G Stewart, former host of Fifteen to One pops off this mortal coil, according to reports. 

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  As I said to @PowerButchi Fifteen To One used to be the Wrestlemania of quiz shows before it came back all chummy.  The hard nosed thuggery of the bass in the theme and the no nonsense approach of Billy G made it better than the rest.  And of course, in the final, voiceover Laura appeared on camera.

He directed loads of TV as well, and sued some matey who donned a disguise to get back on Fifteen To One.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

He directed loads of TV as well, and sued some matey who donned a disguise to get back on Fifteen To One.

I imagine his obits will use the line "didn't suffer fools gladly" a fair bit. I remember the time he told off a contestant for laughing. He wasn't even remotely joking.

• Paid Members

I auditioned for 15-1 when I was about 19 and thought I knew everything. Got all bar 1 of my questions right but didn't get on the show. He was nice enough if you got the answer right but the death glare you got for getting a question wrong that he thought was easy was savage. 

RIP  William. 

• Paid Members

I auditioned for Fifteen To One back in the day but was devastated when it wasn't William G doing the audition, but rather voiceover Philip. Didn't know that about Sally Geeson either, nicely done my son.

• Awards Moderator

Charles Bradley, latecomer to the Blues and Soul scene, has died. I’d never really heard much about him until I caught this documentary and I immediately fell in love. His relationship with his Mum was so lovely and it was brilliant to see him get the break he deserved. He had Stomach Cancer last year and it looks like something related came back. Came over as a genuinely warm, honest, appreciative bloke.

Archived